Rain rain rain

caelan

Reaction score
:wWHAT with all this rain we have had and more to come this weekend
it would be rude not to go fishing so I am off to the river thames
again this sunday plenty of flow an a nice colour hopefully

B

binka

Hope you drop on, we've had some sharp heavy downpours up 'ere today.

I was in the same frame of mind yesterday until I got there and saw it, despite a few extra inches it was still very low and clear... Maybe a case for getting in and shuffling your feet around a bit? :)

For me it's getting back on the end of that warm wind on a large lake to see if I can get anywhere near to repeating last weekends session only this time I'm starting on the dibber right under the rod tip and hopefully sticking with it.

Back out the river on Sunday, not sure what to expect at this point in time.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
What rain? We've not seen any for a couple of weeks here in the warm sunny NW:)
You can have some of the rain I have had if you like. I went with some mates to the Upper Tamar Reservoir about a week ago and it rained solidly for three days and nights. I returned to London via the M4 and as I reached Reading the sky cleared completely and the sun started to shine. Somebody up there definitely doesn't like me.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Had some heavy rain down in the south east, Monday to Thursday very heavy showers. I am hoping it has perked up the river or maybe the canal. Haven't made up my mind yet if I get out Sunday.
I reckon the conditions should be exceptional for roach in the south east and the London area for Sunday Caelan and excellent for bream as well if it all falls into place. Definitely a day worth a go.

wes79

Reaction score
I'm getting a tad miffed with the inaccuracy of the weather predictions myself, like our caelan, I favor the rain and like to anticipate it and be fishing as the flow rises and the water begins to colour, but I have had at least 3 bad predictions of late relying on the weather sites (accuweather being the main one I have been using on minute cast...it helped get me a pb Barbel so gave it some loyalty and stuck with it...now I'm not so sure)......It forecast rain that didn't come, the next day it forcast no rain and it poured down and the day after it said mixed light intermittent showers, so got some indoor jobs done at home and yup it was dry as a whistle ALL DAY ...WTF :mad:

Bank holiday they always make dodgy predictions, I wonder why LOL

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
I read somewhere over the weekend that the BBC has ended it's deal with the met office.

Not sure how true but I think it was on a Daily Telegraph website

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Yes, I read that, but not who would become the new magician with the crystal ball...

Good luck, whoever you are !

Wes79.......quote: ' like our Caelan ' - sounds like he's been adopted by FM'ers, and why not !

Last edited:

floatfish

Reaction score
BBC weather reports, whosoever gets the job ,seems ,according to the press, that the information and forecast main details will still be obtained via the MET office.
If this is so Met office and BBC are both Government Tax payer supported,why introduce a third party to whom you presumably have to pay money.??
That does not make sense .!
I thought the state was trying to save spending , not increase it.!

Does anyone know different.?

dann

Reaction score
The forecast for here was bang on today. It chucked it down the entire day just as they said it would

robtherake

Reaction score
Rain has its uses. For instance, it illustrated perfectly why I should have re-proofed my Korum shelter before fishing. :rolleyes:

tryanythingtwice

Reaction score
Try XC Weather, it seems to be more accurate than the BBC Weather site. It's what most charter boat skippers use.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've just noticed ( on the BBC TV Weather site ) that it states ' In association with the Met office ' on the introduction screen . Perhaps it's always been there, but I've not noticed it before.....

Apparently Piers Corbyn ( Jeremy's brother ) the MD of WeatherAction has joined the race to supply the weather forecast to the BBC which begins next year.........will this mean a lurch to the left for the forecast ??

Mods; please delete this if considered ' too political '...................

The bad one

Reaction score
Well bu**er me it just rained here very heavy for 20 minutes in the Warm, Sunny (no so now) NW, Would you credit it eh! :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thnak your lucky stars that you are not up here in Aberdeen then . . . . it has been the flaming monsoon period since about mid-June!

Rgiht now there is a huge rainstorm with high winds and the river Dee is up to the top of the banks, and high tide is not for another 90 minutes today . . . . so there will be flooded low laying roads for sure on the drive back to my apartment tonight.

floatfish

Reaction score
Watching the forecasts over the Summer, Scotland appears to have had one awful summer.!