A blast from the past

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Sorry guys and gals I've been asked to remove the link.

Don't ask as I don't know apart from just being told it was for my eyes only.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
I was enjoying that until the part where a Coot is landed tangled in line, the angler involved seemed to take delight in hanging it up for all to see, not what angling was about then or is now as far as I am concerned.

john step

Reaction score
Pity they didn't use 1979 music instead of something out of the ark.

robtherake

Reaction score
Nice to see the ladies doing well! The coot incident - outrageous in these times - was perhaps not so shocking back then (although it's uncomfortable viewing).

It took me back to a time when all my terminal tackle fitted in a Highland Shortbread tin. :)

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Proper swims in them days - needed waders just to wet a line and to negotiate the reeds at the edge - not the clean level namby pamby stages and camping facilities of the modern water.

Were all anglers old hippies in those days?

Was the blonde one Jerry?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Judging by the time it took to remove hooks and weigh the fish it looks like slow motion filming ! The chap with the scales definitely need glasses !

I'm not fooled by the ' Leisure Sports ' signs either, as I definitely saw a Canada Goose so I reckon somewhere near Ontario..................

...and I agree with CotB about the swims - what a change to see one without stages c/w holes to position the bank sticks and brollie !

Would I be correct in saying the alarms were original ' Optonics ' ? I still have mine somewhere if anyone wants them for £500 the pair !!

cassey

Reaction score
Lovely to reminisce, sun loungers, yes original optonics, bottle tops throwing sticks/spoons and Mitchel reels.

Lighten up over the bird, which because of the amount of white on the underside would be a Tufty, notorious for getting bottom baits and I remember the mayhem this caused. The bird was untangle and released apparently unharmed, which nowadays it would be lucky to avoid a bbq.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Proper swims in them days - needed waders just to wet a line and to negotiate the reeds at the edge - not the clean level namby pamby stages and camping facilities of the modern water.

Were all anglers old hippies in those days?

Was the blonde one Jerry?

No Dave, my hair was much longer in the 70's...............