Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thumbnail.php

http://www.fishingmagic.com/feature-articles/18107-stickability.html

One day....one day....

john step

Reaction score
I have never attempted mullet in an estuary. I have caught them from the rocks on holiday and thought they were easy:eek:mg:
I have seen them grab every morsel of bread with ravenous gusto in Spanish harbours.
Akin to those films of piranhas.

I must conclude that what I caught and have seen were obviously a different species to estuary mullet.

Sounds like life is too short for the estuary sort:eek:

rubio

Reaction score
Once feeding they are just like a tricky chub, difficult but very catchable.
And they do hang on hard as a rule. September can be best month for 'em round here as they feed up ready for the journey south.

B

binka

I've watched Mullet ghosting around harbours and marinas when I've been down in Devon and Cornwall and must admit to being fascinated by them although I've never given them a go.

I would love to trot for them in an estuary with bread on the right tide, it's a bit like coarse meets sea fishing in some ways.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
As an inexperienced youth I spent many holidays down around Christchurch / Boscombe / Bournemouth and I can remember very clearly the enormous mullet seen from a bridge near Christchurch that would take huge lumps of crust off the surface - -dozens of them !

Cast a line though, and not so much as a bite !!

How did a London boy know they were mullet ? Well, I asked the man behind the counter in that tackle shop near the Royalty - simple !!