Sportfish Supports Whitney Pike Competition

naxian62

Reaction score
Is this stretch of the river too fast to suit pike ?

thecrow

Reaction score
I would never fish any Wye and Usk foundation water, they have taken to much fishing away from local anglers by gazumping the previous tenants/clubs, don't believe everything you read on their web page.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
yup... they're quite happy to take an inflated day ticket price but they do nothing to maintain their stretches/swims etc... I'll not fish their waters either

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Arthur: what do you mean by 'maintain'? God forbid we should ever see defined swims and 'pegs'! It's the lack of interference that appeals to me, and the solitude I enjoy is worth paying for, I feel.

Just a reminder: Whitney Court / Sportfish have prizes to be won for the heaviest pike caught from its stretch before the end of February.

brumyterry

Reaction score
The upkeep and maintenance of any fishing venue is the responsibility of the fishery owner.WUF represent the owners and market the beats on the owners behalf.The fishing venues are described by WUF in their fishery descriptions.The Whitney Court Fishery is maintained by the Estate and its tenants as it has been for the last 40 years at least. As on any fishery , the interest of the anglers,matters of accessibility ,management of the natural environment,and the agricultural interests of the estate are a compromise to the benefit of all.