caelan

Reaction score
HI
Looking to buy new feeder rod for bream fishing mid/long range with big spool
reel for distance casting what do any of you tanglers use an don't call em
snoties LOL

chrissh

Reaction score
I got one of the Korum 12ft all-rounder rod and a matched it with one of their baitrunners to take to Holland this year fishing for bream the rod has a line rating of 4-12lbs and can cast up to 4oz feeder ( it had no problems handling and landing a 11.1/2lbs bream)

The reel is a free spool 6000 it’s smooth and cast well it’s not a bad set up for what it cost

But saying that my main rod is a shimano ultegra 11-13ft heavy feeder rod witch I use for tench & bream matched with a shimano X-Aero 6000 Baitrunner.

I have just yesterday got myself a Greys Prodigy VX Barbel 2LB T.C which should be delivered tomorrow

The Sogster

Reaction score
What's your budget?

Reelwise I would advise the shimano x-aero 4000fa baitrunner, it has a 4000 size body and a 6000 size spool.
I have one and use it for carping on the surface or long range feeder fishing, I usually team it with an original 3 piece greys prodigy barbel rod.

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
I don't often fish feeders for Bream as I don't really enjoy fishing for them, but if I did I would be using either my old-ish Drennan DRX River Feeder rod (which is equally good on stillwaters) or my Greys Prodigy 1.75lb VX Barbel rod with the quiver section fitted.

Reel wise I would be using either my Drennan FD4000 or my Shimano Stradic 4000.

Keith

Last edited:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I still have a Drennan DRX Stillwater feeder rod which is great with its swingtip. I recently bought a Korum Method Feeder reel which I reckon might go very well with it.

kenpm

Reaction score
If money is no object the new Browning Sphere 12 or 13 foot rods are the best feeder rods currently available teamed with a Daiwa Cast izm reel for 100 yard plus casting with rocket stlye feeders but enough action to land fish without pulling hooks out but you are looking at a £500 combo.