Stillwater seatbox

steviebearuk

Reaction score
The second week of may i ordered a stillwater seatbox from chapmans angling. It came advertised with a free footplate which to be honest was one of its biggest selling points. I took delivery 4days later but minus the footplate. I telephoned to be told the footplate would be delivered in the next 2 weeks. Of course no footplate arrived. I have telephoned and emailed every week since to be told the same thing over and over again. It is now september, which is 5 months later and still no footplate. They have stopped answering my emails. I know the footplate was a freebie but as i said it was a big selling point. What do you guys think about this. Any advise would be appreciated. Steve

robtherake

Reaction score
Broke a rod from Chapman's and emailed them asking about a spare section - got a couple of replies, then zip. They just stopped replying to my messages.

They're pretty quick at sending stuff out, maybe that's the extent of it. Not good PR from such a big firm.

chrissh

Reaction score
Stillwater are made and imported from china and don’t have a head office in the uk to complain too

I think I’m correct that Glasgow angling own Chapmans try to contact them telling them the problems you are having.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
It's no good complaining to the importer. Complain to the retailer and demand your money back, they have failed to keep their part of the deal. I am sure they don't want a used box back

robertroach

Reaction score
And if you don't get your money back straight away you need to play hardball.
Tell them you will take them to the small claims court (county court). They won't like that!

dann

Reaction score
If you paid on a credit card, you may be able to complain to them and let them sort it out?

Otherwise, send them a letter using registered post with the title "notice before action", calmly outline what you have mentioned above and tell them that if you do not get a satisfactory response in 7 days, you will start proceedings with small claims court. Google money claim online for the process you need to follow to do this.

Unfortunately I have needed to use the small claims court twice in the past, it is a piece of cake to do and both times I have had my money back plus interest and any costs. It can all be done online and they walk you through each step.

9 times out of 10 the above letter works a treat. Good luck.

steviebearuk

Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies much appreciated. Sent a email this morning (again) and they actually replied i quote " Steve :regarding your email we are still waiting on delivery date on the footplates once we have a date i will pass it on to you : ant. " Same as same as.

robtherake

Reaction score
Anyone else bought one for their Korum chair? My daughter got me one last birthday but it weighs as much as a small car and is also a little cramped, putting feet and knees in an unnatural position, so it usually stays at home.

kenpm

Reaction score
Stillwater is Chapmans/Glasgow Angling own brand product and they import it then sell it solely through their shops.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Right.... you bought the box in May... we are now looking at the @rse end of September... they are responsible for selling the box, so, as they have done nothing to either replace or reimburse you for the lack of footplate I'd be threatening them with either the small claims court, OR they can supply a third party footplate of your choosing.... four months to source and supply a footplate is just taking the p!ss:mad:

there are loads out there, all adjustable, so fitting your box isn't an issue... tell them to get their fingers out.... I despair when companies mess folk about like this.... you're being too nice about it.. tell em to get off their collective @rses and get you sorted:cool:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Right.... you bought the box in May... we are now looking at the @rse end of September... they are responsible for selling the box, so, as they have done nothing to either replace or reimburse you for the lack of footplate I'd be threatening them with either the small claims court, OR they can supply a third party footplate of your choosing.... four months to source and supply a footplate is just taking the p!ss:mad:

there are loads out there, all adjustable, so fitting your box isn't an issue... tell them to get their fingers out.... I despair when companies mess folk about like this.... you're being too nice about it.. tell em to get off their collective @rses and get you sorted:cool:
I totally agree with Arthur. Move it up the food chain and complain to the manager. You have been more than reasonable to wait this long.

steviebearuk

Reaction score
Just a quick update guys. Just received a email on 10th december that they will be delivering my footplate tomorrow. 11th. Not bad ordered 13th may delivered 11th december. hahah By anyones estimation that is pretty **** service.
Heres hoping it comes but wont hold my breath.
regards

steviebearuk

Reaction score
Yes it did mate.!!!!1
Did'nt know whether to laugh or cry. What am gonna moan about now,its been a major part of my life.? hahahahah
regards