Hello from Hong Kong

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Kenny and I am from Hong Kong. I just arrived at Nottingham for a master programme. I am a active angler back in Hong Kong, mainly doing sea bream fishing back there.

I would like to continue fishing here in UK, but the target species and fishing method seems quite different here. So, basically I am a pure newbie in these waters. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi welcome to fishing magic
What sort of fishing do you want to do in the uk (sea or river-lake) have you got fishing tackle with you also you will need a fishing licence for rivers and lakes but not for sea fishing
If its sea fishing you want to do try booking a charter boat.go to a news agents and buy a fishing magazine you will find charter boat for hire all over the UK. Try sea angler magazine

Reaction score
I have a Mitchell Avocet Silver IV 4000RD reel with #2 Power Pro PE with me. I guess I would do freshwater here in Nottingham. I understand I would need fishing license, but it seems that there are different licenses for different waters, and there are various organizations managing different waters. I don't quite understand how the system works.

For the gear, I would need to buy a rod from the local tackle shop. As I have limited budget, I would probably buy one rod only. I don't really know what to buy though. My plan is to buy a spinning rod and use the same rod and real for both spinning and method fishing. I don't know if that would work, but it seems many gears of the two technique are common.

chrissh

Reaction score
It’s one licence, You can get a 1 to 8 day licence or a 1 year

You can get them here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...w-rod-licence-images-to-promote-legal-fishing.

The different waters are day tickets for the rivers or lakes which you pay for on the day either on the bank when the bailiff comes around or some tackle shops sell tickets (ticket are from £5-10 per day

1.Buy you licence
2.Pick wear you want to fish and pay for your day ticket

have a talk with the tackle shop about what you want to fish for they will sort you out with a rod & reel

Korum do fishing kits around £50.00