Hello from Russian (Moscow region)

ruscarp

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Vyacheslav, I am from Moscow, need advice on catching carp in cold and warm water, the composition of the bait, the smells, the technique and tactics of feeder fishing. Thank you, who will help me to understand.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
I copied this base mix recipe from another forum:

Credit to Peter Boughton.

4 LT94
2 Lamlac
3 Heat treated soya meal
2 Coarse ground semo
1 Fine ground semo
1 Wheatgerm
.5 Chilli

For every 6 large eggs add:

75g Vecon or Marmite
100g Grated belachan
30ml Ground nut oil

The numbers refer to quantity, so 4 kg LT94 etc

That's a boilie recipe but you could also use chick peas,sweetcorn,maize,tiger nuts,maple peas,black eye beans for example.
Particle preparation guide:
Particle, Pre-soak minimum (hours), Boil/Simmer (minutes)
TIGER NUTS 24 30
MINI TIGER NUTS 24 30
JUMBO TIGER NUTS 24 30
CHICK PEAS 12-18 30
HEMP SEED 24 Until kernels split
LARGE HEMP SEED 24 Until kernels split
TARES 12-18 30
MAPLE PEAS 12-18 30
MILO 6 30
FRENCH MAIZE 24 30
BUCK WHEAT 6 10
GRADED WHEAT 6 15
GRADED BARLEY 6 15
PEANUT KERNELS 24 30
ADZUKI BEANS 24 30
WHOLE BRAZILS 24 30
BROKEN BRAZILS 12-18 30
HARICOT BEANS 12-18 30
RED KIDNEY BEANS 12-18 30
PINTO BEANS 12-18 30
SOYA BEANS 12-18 30
BIRD MIXES * 6 15
MAIZE 12-18 30
RED MAIZE 24 30
SWEET LUPINS 24 30

*bird seed mixes must not contain peanuts, these may be hazardous to the fish.

NOTES

1. Hemp - during certain times of the year, when hemp becomes difficult to split, follow the above process and then wash it with fresh water, pour boiling water back onto it and leave it to soak in a bucket or pail until it splits (maybe a further 24-48hrs). Don’t panic it will split!

2. When any product is boiled or heat treated the molecular structure and nutritional profile (including attraction properties) are denatured and damaged. This means that the less boiling time required to make the particles suitable for use, the better. However, it is vital to ensure particle baits are correctly prepared to avoid fish damage. Therefore, pre-soak particles for longer than usual, making required boiling times shorter.

3. To improve attraction properties, leave the boiled particles to soak and partly ferment in their naturally occurring sugars that remain in the boiling water. After several days certain particles will start to form a caramelising liquid that makes the final particle much more attractive.

4. Tiny particles such as hemp, wheat, barley, dari, rapeseed, or mixes of tiny birdseeds, can also be prepared by putting in a lidded bucket or coolbox overnight, with boiling water added.

5. Peanuts MUST be human grade, non-human grade nuts may contain the Aflotoxin fungus, which KILLS FISH. If in doubt, don't use them, or buy peanuts from the Supermarket still in their shells.

6. Maximising soaking times and minimising boil times will result in better nutrient levels in the finished particles. Most particles can be soaked for up to a week before boiling.
Also look up information on 'Method feeder' fishing.

Last edited:

ruscarp

Reaction score
The last years in Russia are popular competitions on the requiring payment lakes of carp weight 1-2 kg, feeding is mainly done in Russia, I use a company Sensas and Marcel VDE, she is more successful and more результативнее, but it is desirable anymore to know about the prepared mixtures and their uses of English feeding.Sorry for bad English.:)
Thank you.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score

ruscarp

Reaction score
Carp Fishing with the Method Feeder

METHOD FEEDER BASICS - Angler's Mail

Have a look at those, hopefully you can understand how it works. Basically you use a 'cage' or mesh constructed of plastic/wire which you use to hold a large lump of groundbait and hook bait, fish it with a short hook link and press it all together into one big lump. You need strong line and rod to cast this any distance.

The method - a deadly carp fishing tactic

The flatbed Method feeder explained

thanks a lot,be sure to use this knowledge,I have the following competitions after 8 months,so I will read all the articles and learn from your experience in terms of bait and favorite carp flavors,would love all your help.