Laker R3000E Reel

kevin040

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anuone knows who manufactures the Laker R3000E reel.
My bail arm wont return after casting so has to be manually returned each time I cast. I love this reel but the bail arm is a real drag. Also, If anyone know who I can approach to repair the reel for me.

Regards,
Kevin.

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome to the mad-house, Kev.
Sorry can't help with he reel - who sold it to you?

The Tackle shop on Victoria Rd - New Brighton - halfway between the prom and the Station - used to be good for that sort of thing - OR - you could try tackle shop round the corner from Park Station over in Birkenhead. If they don't do it - they might know a man who does!

I'm guessing you've tried all the obvious stuff - like washing it out with clean water, drying it and using WD40 to get rid of the water, then lubricating it and checking the bail-arm return spring has not popped-off it's mounting.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!

kevin040

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. I know the Tackle Box in New Brighton well, I buy most of my gear there. I've had the Laker for many years, I brought over from South Africa with me. It's a really nice reel with 5 ball bearings. I'll take it down with me to The tackle box to see if they can help though. Yeah, Ive stripped the bail-arm down but cant make head nor tail of it. Fortunately I have other reels I can use!

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
G'day Mate,

Sorry I can't help with the reel, never heard of the make, but just wanted to say Hi as I'm originally from Moreton and used to spend time with mates in Wallasey and New Brighton and caught my first tench in the Captain's Pit.

Happy days. Hope you get it sorted.

Best Regards,

Phil. :)

sumtime

Reaction score
I remember a Peter Coogan on the Wirral sea fishing site repaired reels, from Moreton too I think, don't know if he's still about, worth asking on the site if you don't get it sorted.