Fleece Hoody

naxian62

Reaction score
Hi all,
anyone recommend me a warm fleece hoody? I know that we generally pay too much for fishing branded clothing items. So I'm asking if anyone has got a hiking alternative or something from ebay that they could endorse? Maybe some kinda ex-army issue job. I've looked at quite a few online, and strangely it's the ESP that keeps cropping up, the one "modeled" by Terry Hearn.
Stay warm.
Cheers

chrissh

Reaction score
I have 2 fleeces a korum and a Preston both are warm and about the same price the korum has more pockets then the Preston .
If I had to pick one it would be the Preston it's a bit thicker there are some on eBay for £35.00 free p.p

greenie62

Reaction score
Just a word of caution!
The ESP hoody has a 'pullover' style of putting it on - as opposed to a full zip-up.
This makes a big difference if you use the 'layers' method of keeping warm. If you want to shed the hoody layer - when pulling it off over your head - you end-up with all the layers untucked around your crack-end :eek: - not a pleasant experience on a cold day!

The zip-up fleeces can often be removed without shedding any other layers by worming an arm out at a time - a bit like the 'stealing the shirt off your back' trick! :rolleyes:
Winter draw(er)s on!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fishtech usually have some good fleeces and clothing and often have sales. I have some excellent TFG hoodys and tops from them which I got a few years ago and they're still in good fettle. Failing that i'd recommend a trip to Go outdoors as they have lots to look at, some of their thiner tight knit fleeces are really good and ideal for wearing underneath a hoody etc.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Some of the best fleeces I've ever bought have been no money at all. Rydale fleeces are very good value provided you dont mind poncing about with a pheasant embroidered on your chest. Personally I do so I usually find some cloth badge or other and sew it on to cover up the pheasant. Not hoodies but I layer so I'll have a lighter hoody under that or my "hooded buff" .

Rydale Clothing | Men's Fleeces

The badge sewing lark might seem a bit tarty but its better than that cheesy pheasant.

I must say I prefer a zip up outer layer but I'm not a great fan of hooded stuff generally. I prefer a hat/scarf.

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Sod paying silly prices for hoodies from tackle firms. Most of mine are from outdoors shops at sale time - makes like Karrimor, The North Face, Regatta and so on can be had for a tenner or less. Got 3 pullover-style Regatta ones in a Boyes store sale recently for 6 quid apiece.

GT56

Reaction score
Very pleased with one I had from my local branch of Screwfix, not sure why I was there but came away with quality Fleece Hoody for fishing.

tryanythingtwice

Reaction score
Try Mole Valley Farmers, they have a website. The hoodies I have are labelled 'No Bull' they're cheap, tough and warm.

naxian62

Reaction score
Appreciate the replies guys.
Looking forward to the Winter.