balling in arms!!!

zombie13

Reaction score
Hi All,

Soooo heres my predicament!...I want to not have to hold my pole all the time through a session as all though I have decent enough pole skills and ensure alls level etc I find it becomes a chore at times...

sooo heres my next problems....

1) I hate footplates with spray bars attached make me feel all cramped up with not enough foot space also I weigh 17 stone and don't feel safe if the need arises to stand etc plus as soon as footplates added to my box then need to use a trolley as weight etc etc

2) Tried the PUPS pole support arm so as not to need a footplate absolute garbage beyond 8m to flimsy...

soooo ive just bought a korum pole crook for the back leg with a v roller on a preston attachment for the front leg just tried it in the garden at 11m and seemed pretty good!!!

Just wondered if anyone else fishes like this and how responsive you find it when hitting bites etc?????

Thanks Zombie

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Personally I never roost my pole, preferring to ship it back if I feel the need to pause fishing for a minute or so. Having tried roosts early in my pole fishing days, ok it made balling in by hand easier to hit the right spot. These days with cupping kits it's a breeze.
You could miss a bite from the fish of a lifetime with your pole fishing but you aren't holding it, not to mention other mishaps...