Storage

DJTash2009

Reaction score
So if you guys are like me, can't ever seem to stop buying fishing tackle, then I suppose the missis has had words and and said "there's no room in the house for all your ****" so I'm toying with the idea of getting a little shed or something in the back garden. I have a cellar but is prone to flooding when it rains heavy and I don't have a garage or attic. I do have a utility room about 2x2m which is where the dogs live and was thinking of building some shelfs in there but I have tackle bags and such aswell and don't fancy them getting chewed to bits, or having my bait eaten haha.

Anyway enough babbling on.... Are these "fishing" sheds you can buy worth it? Are they safe and secure? The area I live is not the best but rarely do we get much trouble on our street. Was just thinking if a chancer sees the shed and thinks "tools" then hes guna have a go at getting in and when they see all the gear I should imagine that's the second best option for them.

Any help tips or ideas are greatly received

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
... I do have a utility room about 2x2m which is where the dogs live and was thinking of building some shelfs in there but I have tackle bags and such aswell and don't fancy them getting chewed to bits, or having my bait eaten haha....

Get a shed - for the dogs - evict them :eek: from the new fishing room - formerly referred to as the utility room - job's a good'un! :):thumbs:

flightliner

Reaction score
Some of the metal storage bunkers sold at places like Homebase and the like are pretty robust but I reckon you'll still be heaving stuff on the top layers out to get to other gear buried beneath.
. Not an easy solution for sure .

robtherake

Reaction score
Stick with the utility room and put "edibles" on the upper shelves? I have a metal shed out back that used to house the bulkier/stinkier tackle items, but I was never happy with the security aspect, even with a good lock fitted - it's a simple enough job to take a panel out if you're a determined thief.

Since the kids left home I use a small bedroom for storage: I may yet fit a more sturdy door and lock to it, having suffered the indignity of being burgled in the past. That uneasy feeling never quite leaves you - I slept on the couch for 2 years after it happened, completely unable to settle upstairs. Every little noise had me down to check it out. :mad: