Boilie paste

swizzle

Reaction score
How do gents,

A mate of mine gave me pretty much a full bag of Dynamite Baits spicy tuna and sweet chilli boilies today. I was thinking about using them for Barbel, but I want to break some of them down into paste for wrapping the bait. Any advice on how to go about it?

Cheers

thecrow

Reaction score
Once the baits have been made into boilies imo it will be very difficult to make a paste from them, particularly if they are shelf life. Far better to make a paste from a dry boilie mix if the same mix is available.

john step

Reaction score
Agree with the Crow but have you considered putting some on a PVA string tied to the lead? Works a treat especially if you cut them in half first to get plenty of flavour drifting down stream.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I will look into Base mixes in that case, I had thought about that John, I'm just unsure how much flavour leaks out of a boilie.

Thanks again.

john step

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I will look into Base mixes in that case, I had thought about that John, I'm just unsure how much flavour leaks out of a boilie.

Thanks again.

Plenty especially if cut. The carp boys crumble them as an attractant. Just stick your nose in the bag. Fish can detect flavours in vastly more diluted form
than we can.