Wallet Rage

wanderer

Reaction score
Just added up the cost of all the syndicate and day tickets I have purchased this season, factored in the bait and petrol, and gulped in disbelief, add on tackle purchases and I could have gone to Disneyland on the bill.
Back in the day, a club book or two did the job but these days all the good waters are hired o match anglers at weekends, one very close to me , three pits, very natural, used to cost 30 quid, now its a syndicate, 350 quid.
I have my syndicate ticket for the local stately home, its lovely and peaceful, carp up to 30, not easy but rewarding, due to lack of trophy fish and a degree of difficulty, it only ever gets a few members, thank god.
Then a ticket for the Nene, and various day tickets when accompanying less pacient mates of the instant catch persuasion, well it has to be done, despite my grimaces.
Bait, permanent batches of fermented particle and some boilies where I feel it useful.
So, have you ever tried to calculate your annual spend or cost per fish, give it a go and you will see what I mean. I reckon close to 1500 quid a year for me, and what type of tickets do you get, do you wish for the old days and a couple of club books, I do.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
My Syndi ticket is £300 and my club is £75... I'll have to give up the syndi ticket at the end of the year (work commitments) so I'll be back to Billericay or Chelmsford next year I s'pose...

But I've spent a fortune on tackle and antique gear this year, (new box and pole £700ish) with more to come with the rebuild of my Sealey Floatcaster DeLuxe (£120-170) but once that's done I suppose I'll be looking at about £2 - £2.5k all up:eek:

Gotta spend less on the gear next year... but I need a decent overnighter brolly. Might have to flog some of the older stuff:cool::wh:eek:mg:

duncan_m

Reaction score
Where do you draw the line - lunch costs, the after session beers, presents for the FPO?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

duncan_m

Reaction score
Approximate bottom line Dunc
I was only suggesting that there were many valid accounting principles here!

My approximate bottom line involves owning a 25ft fishing boat in Poole which I don't currently use (but still have to moor, insure and maintain) but it seems a little harsh to cost 5k against a single gudgeon

Then again a round of beers after each trip puts the real costs of a club session above the costs of most commercials.

Fishing can be expensive but good value - cheap and poor value; like many activities.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
I know the feeling, use to be a member of various clubs apart from the odd trip never found time to fish their waters. One club I was a member of when I worked out the cost per days fishing worked out at £75 a day.
Now only a member of one club (Chelmsford AA) only £50 a year instead of a £200-£300's.
Plus the waters are local can be there in half an hour instead driving for miles.

robertroach

Reaction score
3 "senior" memberships of small local clubs, say £120
Usually a major item to buy each year , say £100
bait and small items, say £120
travelling costs in the car, prefer not to think about it, but I can rationalise by thinking if I wasn't using the car for fishing I would be using it for some other journeys instead. Actually if I'm honest with myself that statement is only partly true.

wanderer

Reaction score
Christ our Bob, you've got it cracked our kid, wish I could live that cheaply, good on yer buddy, a lesson to us all.

sagalout

Reaction score
£75 annual club membership.
£30 per year for occasional (normally with visitors or visiting someone else) commercial tickets.
New end tackle and "Ooooh I neeeeed that" probably averages £250 per year.
New rods reels and other large items, mmm, don't really know say £200 per year.
Bait - £10 sweetcorn, £60 maggots, £70 skretting pellets (I grind these down for ground bait as well as banding them for bait)
Fuel, £180 per year.

Not spending time with the missus, priceless!

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
£200 a year on tickets (2 clubs, one syndicate which charges per night in addition). Most goes on grub for me and the fish if I do sessions.

snooozer

Reaction score
Just starting back after 20 plus years out of the angling game, i'm not even going to try and add up the cost i've incured this year on getting setup up again or i'd likely purchase a gun :rolleyes:

But as an answer to your question Steve....More than £1.00 and less than £5k !

I noticed a cost we all incure (Unless your naughty) but probably take for granted as part of Fishing.
The good ol Rod licence and for us 3/4 rod users 2 licences, Every year :eek: