Hi from the Limousin

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been a forum member for a few years now but in March of this year I moved, full time, to Haute Vienne in the Limousin, France.

I've been focusing on fishing the River Vienne since I got here but have also fished a lot of the lakes that are local to me as well as some of the smaller rivers.

On the Vienne I fish for river carp and barbel. In the lakes its mostly for carp and I fly fish the smaller rivers for trout in April and May.

I've had my house in France for 10 years and know Haute Vienne very well, so if I can help with fishing advice or house hunting in the area (I was a building surveyor until I retired) don't hesitate to PM me.

greendog15

Reaction score
hi im currently looking for a property around that area preferably bordering the river

mikench

Reaction score
Sorry Mark but that's where I am for the moment! I haven't made a permanent move from leafy Cheshire yet!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
hi peter where abouts is your place? have you fished the vienne

I am in the south east in the Luberon and very close to the river Sorgue; at the moment and for the rest of this year I am still in the UK as the refurbishments are taking a lot longer than planned.

Once my daughter finishes uni' then I'll be there permanently.