Redbridge lakes

chrissh

Reaction score
I fished Redbridge lakes a few years ago in the summer had some nice fish on the day I fished - moved away from the aria so can’t comment on what it’s like now
Recommend the caff for a bacon roll

john step

Reaction score
I fished Redbridge lakes a few years ago in the summer had some nice fish on the day I fished - moved away from the aria so can’t comment on what it’s like now
Recommend the caff for a bacon roll

Very operatic:D

tonybull

Reaction score
Carp Free lakes, but there are small F1's and Gold fish types. Tench, Ide, Skimmers up to 3-4lb, Perch, Roach.

Basically Silver fish waters and suited to the pole, but you can catch on the float and small feeders.

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies , I'm defo going to give it a visit.

What kind of level would you say it is? Easy fishing or hard?

tonybull

Reaction score
You don't need heavy tackle at all.

If your fishing the pole, then light rigs and small hooks ie .13mm mainline and .11 hook lengths and 18 hook and light elastic ie solid No5 is plenty.

If your float fishing, light rod with a 3lb line, again light hook length a 18/20 hook and a small waggler float and fish shirt bottom style at full depth to see if there any fish off the bottom.

You can fish shallow ie 6 inches and fire maggot over the top and catch ide up in the water.

All I would use is maggot and small balls of groundbait and the shop on site sells fresh bait and tackle.

The guys on site are more then helpful and will tell you how its fishing and put you in the better area's and tell the baits etc

Your get a days fishing if you work at it and ask for advice as above.

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Tony, I will report back once I have been :)

I think I will go with float fishing and will use maggots

tonybull

Reaction score
Jamie

This time or year a single maggot on an 18/20 will catch you fish.

If your from Loughton give Lake John in Waltham Abbey ago.

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
So today I went over to Redbridge lakes and boy did I have a good time!

I don't drive so I got the train and walked up from Woodford station which took around 25mins. Had a good chat with a couple of old boys there and then I went over to the back of Lake Daisy and set up my rod I went for a simple float with 2 shots and size 20hook double maggot within the first half I managed to catch my biggest Rudd of the day out of 3.

Went inside the cafe and had a lovely bacon sarnie.

I've posted pictures inside the how did you get on thread.

hammer_jamie

Reaction score
Definitely mate, It's good to now know of my local lakes I can get to easily enough.

I'm already excited for the next time I go, Hopefully I can get something different to Rudd :)

I'm also thinking I want to purchase a new lighter smaller rod currently I have a 12ft carp rod.