cublington lakes

caelan

Reaction score
tanglers anyone been to these lakes in Bedfordshire lately an catch reports that you can let me read please

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
There are two lakes at Cublington if you mean Lakeside fishery. The top lake is deep ( 12 ft ) and coloured and has become very popular for matches. Best to check their calendar first. Main species are skimmers, roach, perch and the odd very cagey carp. The bottom lake is gin clear and very weedy holding small tench and some clonking ide.
The owners are lovely people and lay on free tea and coffee in the clubhouse and the toilets are generally spotless, all for a £5 day ticket.
Good luck.....

peterjg

Reaction score
There are lots of double figure carp but what is good is a fair head of decent roach and perch. I had roach to 1lb 11oz and several 2lb+ perch there. The roach readily take wheat and hemp. The water has produced 2lb+ roach and 4lb+ perch. I have not fished there for a couple of years but I hope this helps.

caelan

Reaction score
:wWANDERER hi I was a member of VAC back in 1994 for about 6years
just had a look at there web site very nice plenty of new waters/rivers to go at thank you for the tip

Keith M

Reaction score
:wWANDERER hi I was a member of VAC back in 1994 for about 6years
just had a look at there web site very nice plenty of new waters/rivers to go at thank you for the tip
I've been a member of VAC for quite a few years now and it has some brilliant waters across Herts, Beds and west Essex (see link below) and well worth joining.

Verulam Angling Club - Fisheries

Keith