TOTAL newbie from Greater Manchester

paul haslam

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Could you PLEASE take a look at my 1st ever post (titled Greater Manchester) in the New Members Help Thread?

While I'm here...might as well do a bit of "networking"....If any of you want to raise funds for your club (or yourself), take a look at my website Urban Comedy - The Top Northern Comedy Provider
Cheers

Reaction score
Paul

See my post on your other thread.

And as for networking...I'm looking for opportunities for open spots and middle 10s in the Northwest. Do you have any spots in the near future?

After winning The Laughter Factor 2015 at The Comedy Store Manchester I've done a number of gigs - including Prestwich Comedy for Big Lou (who would happily provide a reference).

It would be good to chat. Ive sent you a message on facebook.

Matt Corker

Last edited:

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Paul, sorry can't help with Manchester

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Paul,
Welcome to the mad-house! ;)
Hope we can steer you in the right direction.

Have you got any mates who go fishing and can show you the ropes? Is there any local venue you have in mind? - Lakes, ponds, rivers, canals, etc? or species you fancy having a crack at?

Tackle to get you started can be got very cheaply - and you can catch fish on it! - The expensive bit is buying an EA Angling Licence at this time of year - it expires end March! - fixed renewal date - £27 but at least your lad is free for the rest of this season. For details see here: https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/buy-a-fishing-licence

The next most expensive bit can be the trips themselves - day-ticket waters in the area are usually about £6/day - a few give discounts for juniors. Clubs with a variety of waters are around £30 /year - but again we are mostly well into the year already.
Salford Friendly Angling Society is free membership - has a variety of waters around N. Manchester - the only thing we ask as a club is a bit of help in improving the local waters: Salford Friendly Anglers Society – The Worlds Oldest Angling Club - founded 1817

I'll drop you a PM later in the week when I've got a chance - or you can send me one if you've got any pressing local issues!
Tight Lines :thumbs: