Dropshotting first attempt...

fishplate42

Reaction score
Great fun! Even though I caught nothing but weeds :(

There is nothing better than getting out there and giving it a try. I learnt more in a few hours on Sunday than I have from months of reading about it. But it is not just about the fishing to me, it is the whole thing, discovering parts of London that I have never seen before, and collecting facts about the canal that I did not know before. The whole day is described on my blog HERE, but now I can't wait for next time when, armed with my experience of last Sunday, and some smaller jig heads, I will catch a fish!

Ralph.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
Great fun! Even though I caught nothing but weeds :(....

Nice one Ralph,
Yet another good write-up on your blog. Your experiences for a first try probably match a lot of others including mine - at least you got weeds! :eek:mg:
:thumbs:

tom_moran

Reaction score
I've bought most of my setup for dropshotting now, like you I've done loads of Web based research and am Itching to get out and give it a go!

john step

Reaction score
Another nice one Ralph. I am quite in awe of your skills at the making of your professional looking layouts.

On a fishing front(which I can understand:wh) does the tube still go to Richmond?
You could explore miles of Thames towpath from there past Kingston to beyond Molesly if my memory serves.

Tight lines.

fishplate42

Reaction score
Another nice one Ralph. I am quite in awe of your skills at the making of your professional looking layouts.

On a fishing front(which I can understand:wh) does the tube still go to Richmond?
You could explore miles of Thames towpath from there past Kingston to beyond Molesly if my memory serves.

Tight lines.

Thanks for you kind words regarding the blog. Yes, the tube and now the Overground both go to Richmond so that is another place I could go. I think I may need yet another permit to fish that part of the river...

Although I have a permit to fish the Regent's (as well as my EA rod licence) nobody asked to see it and we were there all day. Although I would not knowingly fish in an area I was not allowed to, what's the point of issuing permits if nobody checks them?

Ralph.