Recommend me a tackle shop

peacey

Reaction score
Its my birthday on Monday and my significant other has said that she will take me out for the day, so I'm after some recommendations for tackle shops within 30 miles or so of Salisbury.

Cheers

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are in Downton then you already have one the very best shops for miles around, just down the road from you.

Take a trip to Reid's Tackle which is located at Witherington Farm Lakes.

I have used them for years, in fact since before they moved from Wilton to the current location.

Excellent stock and friendly service from either Dave, Christine or their lad.

No need to go any further I'd say.

Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...81,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5553de118ea38509

peacey

Reaction score
Peter I have been to Reids quite a few times, you're right its a great shop but I just fancy going somewhere different for a change.
I have been to pretty much most of the tackle shops within 10 miles or so of Downton.

Unfortunately hammer London would be a bit too far for us to travel.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to use Reid's almost exclusively, but also use Avon Angling over in Ringwood.

Andy and Martine as both excellent anglers and always happy to give advice.

their shop is a veritable Aladdin's cave of fishing goodies, and you'll not believe what they can cram into such a relatively small space.

Like Reid's they are really nice people in there. I would always check in with dear David Searl whenever I was down that way, but then John sadly died a few years ago.

if you make it to Ringwood then give the Old Cottage or the High corner Inn a visit for lunch . . . pretty good

Last edited: