Charlie Chapman of Mid Street, South Nutfield, pleads guilty to disgusting practice of fly-tipping

flightliner

Reaction score
They should hit him and others like him far harder than a paltry £700 with costs, it's derisory.
I went down a quite country lane to the trent riverside yesterday and smack in the middle was a pile of builders rubble that I only just managed to get around.
It was'nt there a fortnight ago.
SCUM!.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I've never understood the thinking behind the penal system, flightliner. Crime is fundamentally undesirable, unnecessary, anti-social and illegal. Stopping crime in its tracks - permanently - could be easily achieved through uncompromising punishment. Fly tipping like this could be stopped overnight if the penalty was 15 years hard labour. Hand-wringers should be ignored as should those who would point to the cost of imprisonment. Gruel costs very little and by applying similar appropriate sentences there would be far fewer inmates anyway.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I've never understood the thinking behind the penal system, flightliner. Crime is fundamentally undesirable, unnecessary, anti-social and illegal. Stopping crime in its tracks - permanently - could be easily achieved through uncompromising punishment. Fly tipping like this could be stopped overnight if the penalty was 15 years hard labour. Hand-wringers should be ignored as should those who would point to the cost of imprisonment. Gruel costs very little and by applying similar appropriate sentences there would be far fewer inmates anyway.

how is this angling related politics ?

ken more

Reaction score

Since when has crime been "unnecessary" :confused:

wanderer

Reaction score
I just wish the local authorities would make it easier, might stop the problem, surely free tipping is cheaper than the cost of clearing up.

thecrow

Reaction score
Hand-wringers should be ignored as should those who would point to the cost of imprisonment.

When this is done near a watercourse who knows what gets leaked into it? if I had my way there would be no fines, no prison just a birching in public, maybe they could do it at half time at a Villa match it would be more entertaining than the football :)

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

I just wish the local authorities would make it easier, might stop the problem, surely free tipping is cheaper than the cost of clearing up.

You are talking about politicians and common sense the two don't go together very well :)

bennygesserit

Reaction score

There is a whole industry associated with commercial and industrial waste disposal , the Council simply could not cope with the demand if it took on all this extra waste disposal for free.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
We've been here before. And again no mention of the tons of rubbish left behind by anglers.
But thanks for pointing out that crime is illegal.