fishing last weekend??

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
So I've got the weekend planned out
Saturday Her Ladyship is out all day and No 1 son is out from 12 o'clock - I planned to drop him off then go fishing

Sunday - shooting in the morning , round to my sisters in the afternoon

How it worked out - Saturday morning 10 o'clock my fishing buddy phones up and says it's raining like mad he's not fishing - I am undecided, load card with gear , take drop off son and decided the rains too heavy so go home

1 o'clock my mate phones to say he's going now as weather is fine and sun is shinning, I load up car and heavens open - after 2 or 3 heavy showers I unload card and give up - phone mate and say - Let's go sunday

Sunday cancel shooting plans, load with fishing gear and set off - heavy rain , turn back home

I kept looking at weather and at 1 o'clock finally give up the idea of fishing at the weekend

tom_moran

Reaction score
Oh dear, I hate it when plans are ruined by the weather. We got lucky here it's was only drizzle and high winds

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Forecast didn't look brilliant for Sunday but covered river and pool bases by setting up one rod with stick float, one rod with a waggler and took Barbel Rod and baitrunner which could double up if any Carp came out to play. Both waterproofs and brolley loaded on Saturday night, got up to heavy rain on Sunday, decided pool may be a better option than river so went to closest one to home (if I got soaked, I could be back in ten minutes). Parked close to peg, set up and fished, after initial downpour just a couple of showers. Plan worked pretty well, shame the fishing didn't :eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Mine wasn't a million miles from that. On Saturday I got up at seven to find the rain that was due to arrive by about nine was early. It was belting down, so I went back to my pit. On checking the forecast later on Saturday I saw it was going to be dry overnight with rain due to arrive by about ten on Sunday morning. Set my alarm for seven in the hope the rain didn't arrive early. Fortunately, it didn't arrive until bang on time. I got fairly damp, but I'd squeezed a couple of dry hour in.

B

binka

At least this prolonged unsettled spell will be giving the ground a good soaking and filling up the water table which should keep the rivers up for a fair while with the prospect of a bit of colour, they're just at a nice level around here and I can't see them dropping back to the low summer levels now which they've been at until a week or so ago.

Have to admit the mud was getting on my nerves last Saturday though.

bullet

Reaction score
Yes, the mud is well and truly back,especially at my local chub stretch.
Mind you, it is one of those places where you could still find mud after a 2 month long summer heatwave.

peytr

Reaction score
Hmmm... haven't been out fishing for ages. Saturday was used to do odd jobs. Sunday looked promising. Saturday night the girlfriend came over and we talked into the small hours. Sunday morning the weather was perfect only to be discovered by us some hours later. We unintentionally slept late. :eek:

OK, brunch it will be. One has to eat. One o clock, still a wagon load of daylight and nice weather ahead. I start collecting my fishing tackle. All of a sudden I hear: "It's been ages since we did a bicycle tour and the weather really looks nice....". :eek:mg: