I hate double handles
Won't have Double Strength anything within a mile of my reels
Cut the labels out of nets, bags etc
Scrape off or sand down offensive branding/livery on rods/reels
Cover things that annoy me with black tape
Tone down the LEDs in my alarms because they are too bright
Carry 2 of everything plus a spare....and a spare for the spare
Always fill the car the night before to avoid petrol taint
Have a separate box for each target species....and a general river box and general lake box
Arrive 6 hours early to get a spot that nobody else ever fishes.

And those are just the main ones. So.....can you top that ? How big a fusspot are you ?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Theres a place for people like you lad................Nurse Cratchet:eek:

PS I do turn my alarms to 1

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that fusspot really covers what you've got! I do believe that there might just be a TLA for it though. However, I can share your dislike of Double Strength. It's really not for me and hasn't been since I first tried it many years ago.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
My alarms are superglued to 1 and with light dimming gizmos fixed over the LEDs. I cannot handle sitting there quietly in the dark and then getting my retinas burnt out when I get a run ! Much too bright .

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

I'm not convinced that fusspot really covers what you've got! I do believe that there might just be a TLA for it though. However, I can share your dislike of Double Strength. It's really not for me and hasn't been since I first tried it many years ago.

What OCD ? No...not me, it is just chronic fusspottery. I think OCD is much more likely to be found lurking in Binka's garage .

B

binka

Count me in.

As someone who sanded down the wooden bung and butt cap on a Hardy landing net handle and stained it a more "acceptable" darker colour I reckon I might need help.

And the labels drive me crazy!

Off with 'em...

flightliner

Reaction score
I,m nt particularly fussy in an obsessive sense with maybe the odd exception. Tho some of my tackle maylook somewhat outdated I like to keep it as neat and tidy as I can, not overly much bankside but at home it gets a good tidy up ready for the next time out.
Perhaps the only quirk I can think of was the one I had many years ago whenever I bought a new pair of levi jeans the first thing I did (and still would) was to cut the red tab label off the back pocket.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Count me in.

As someone who sanded down the wooden bung and butt cap on a Hardy landing net handle and stained it a more "acceptable" darker colour I reckon I might need help.

And the labels drive me crazy!

Off with 'em...

I did that with a fly reel.....and I agree, the labels just have to go ! I spent ages one day with steel wool de- blinging a rod and reel that came with gold trimmings. No,no,no !

terry m

Reaction score
I actually thought I was something of a fusspot until I read the OP.

Now I class myself as the un-fussiest chill out merchant going!!!

peterjg

Reaction score
Being retired I go fishing three days a week. I am forever checking the weather sites trying to pick the right venue or swim for the conditions. Weather forecasts are pretty useless generally - they should be called weather guesses.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
I don't think I'm fussy, don't care if my reel has one two or even three handles, on the odd occasion I use an alarm, I've never touched any control except the on-off button and I even enjoy "Fish-ins" with you lot;):)

tom_moran

Reaction score
Being retired I go fishing three days a week. I am forever checking the weather sites trying to pick the right venue or swim for the conditions. Weather forecasts are pretty useless generally - they should be called weather guesses.
I have an app for my phone called net weather snow radar, it's free and gives you rain radar images that are very accurate every 15 mins, I've pretty much stopped using weather sites since I got it

wanderer

Reaction score
No not at all, very disorganised, tackle dirty, rods tied up with fence ties, my mate on the other hand, everything pristine clean, takes him hours to pack up nothing out of place, infuriating, untill i have to beg tackle because i cant locate my own, hee, hee.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ha, not me, I still have the label stuck on my key board I bought two weeks ago and these are the two floats I have been using the last two years. keep meaning to give them a bit of paint but I sort of like them the way the are.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't mind double handles but don't like double strength, used it once a few years ago and that was enough. I mean what does it mean "double strength", it's not even low daimater and it's not strong for it's diameter either !

I do stress myself by trying to keep my fishing gear clean, I meticulously clean my centrepins and float rods after every session, usually as soon as I get back to the car but if not when I get home. I don't know why I started doing this cleaning thing as I never used to even think of cleaning my fishing gear! If I scratch or damage one of my centrepins me heads fracked !
It does make me wonder if it would be better to have cheap but useable rods and reels and stop all the faffing about lookin' after 'em like they where flesh and blood!