So who's been

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Next year I'm off to NSW Australia for 2 months, leaving mid March and returning Mid May.

This is one part of the world I have never visited. Maybe a few of you have.

Other than dodging the funnel webs and the redbacks, what's the fishing like? I shall be spending most of my time in Cronulla about 30 miles south of Sydney. I shall be staying within 50 yards of the sea and shall probably have access to a boat.

Don't all shout at once.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You,re not going like this , or are you.
RonSaville_20.jpg

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Maybe a few of you have."

Here's a few Ron . . . . . . . . .

Surname Name Age Sentence
FORRESTER RICHARD 18 14YRS
TIERNEY JEREMIAH 17 7YRS
STALLEY ELIZA 17 7YRS
LITTLE HENRY 21 7YRS
CK JAMES 40 7YRS
LEE JOHN 36 LIFE
RIORDON MARY 18 7YRS
PIPER WM 21 LIFE
WALLIS THOMAS 50 LIFE
WALLIS JANE 51 14YRS
RICHARDS JOHN 18 7YRS
RUMSEY CHARLES 19 7YRS
NOWLAND MATTHEW 21 7YRS
SHAW WM 18 LIFE
KEEGAN JOHN 41 7YRS
HOGAN WM 38 7YRS
HENDERSON WM 46 7YRS
HALL GEORGE 30 7YRS
GORLEY THOMAS 14 7YRS
ENGLISH SARAH 18 7YRS
EVANS CHAS EDWARD 23 7YRS
CARD REBECCA 35 14YRS
BARRETT MARY 50 LIFE
BISHOP SARAH 36 7YRS
WHITE WM 19 7YRS
SMITH SARAH 21 LIFE
PRICE EDWARD 23 14YRS
WATSON MARGARET 22 LIFE
GOULDING DANIEL 40 LIFE

Mind you, that was in 1829 . . . . . . . .

Although I doubt that much has changed in the last 179 years.

The Monk

Reaction score
heres a few more Ron

Surname Name Age Sentence
FORRESTER RICHARD 18 14YRS , scouser
TIERNEY JEREMIAH 17 7YRS, scouser
STALLEY ELIZA 17 7YRS , scouser
LITTLE HENRY 21 7YRS, scouser
CK JAMES 40 7YRS, scouser
LEE JOHN 36 LIFE , scouser
RIORDON MARY 18 7YRS, scouser
PIPER WM 21 LIFE, scouser
WALLIS THOMAS 50 LIFE , scouser
WALLIS JANE 51 14YRS, scouser
RICHARDS JOHN 18 7YRS, scouser
RUMSEY CHARLES 19 7YRS (scouser)
NOWLAND MATTHEW 21 7YRS, scouser
SHAW WM 18 LIFE, scouser
KEEGAN JOHN 41 7YRS, scouser
HOGAN WM 38 7YRS, scouser
HENDERSON WM 46 7YRS , scouser
HALL GEORGE 30 7YRS , scouser
GORLEY THOMAS 14 7YRS , scouser
ENGLISH SARAH 18 7YRS , scouser
EVANS CHAS EDWARD 23 7YRS, scouser
CARD REBECCA 35 14YRS, scouser
BARRETT MARY 50 LIFE, scouser
BISHOP SARAH 36 7YRS, scouser
WHITE WM 19 7YRS, scouser
SMITH SARAH 21 LIFE , scouser
PRICE EDWARD 23 14YRS, scouser
WATSON MARGARET 22 LIFE, scouser
GOULDING DANIEL 40 LIFE, scouser

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
i went in 1995 and its mainly beach and rock fishing,bream (or brim) as the locals call them.if you catch a carp anywhere dont forget to kill it,it is illegal to return them.and most of all dont break the speed limit if you are driving,they are very HOTon it..i did see some nice rivers with trout in them,not sure about the fly fishing.remember you are visiting a police state whatever you do check first.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I've no inclination to go back there ...... Hated the place ,it was full of aussies

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I don't think Australia is anything like as bad as SA where they would often stop you in your car and try and pin something on you, but of course what the cops were looking for was a back hander.

It's like that in most of Africa.

It took me the equivalent of £100 in bribes to get through a Zambia police check and border post years ago.

Yeh well Ed must have lots of his ancestors that were sent there.

Seriously I have never had a problem with Aussiesor Kiwis in my life, and I have known a few.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You,re not going like this , or are you.
RonSaville_20.jpg

</blockquote>

Oh Jimmy! I didn't know you went to Rotherham's Blue Oyster Bar as well or did someone else take that photo of Ron for you? Cakey perhaps?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woody; My lips are sealed, /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif.

So I take it that you,ve being to the Blue Oyster Club Woody; Tut tut./forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Cheeky Scotch t**t! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/members/images/6812/Gallery/80s_me_in_car.jpg

I could have been there back then in 1987, though. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Oh dear,

The last thing I want to catch in Australia are Ratfish.

If I do catch any they will be despatched toot sweet - bloody vermin!

Now whatI really want to catch are Aussie Bass and Barramundi, both proper fish. Together with a few sea and estuary species too.

Philip

Reaction score
Fair enough. Each to their own. There were plenty of Bass in the Murrey, they were cathing them on worms and spinners but again if your fishing close to the sea you may need toplan the fishing time to coincide with the falling salt levels.

I actually found it quite sad that the locals were totally transfixed by 8oz Bass while some whopping Carp were topping all round them. I let one guy catch one on my rod and he was amazed at the fight…”never had a bass pull like that” he said.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The only barramundi you'll get in New South Wales are farmed ones -- And they are few and far between .........

Barramundi

The barramundi (Lates calcarifer) is a large predatory fish found in tropical regions of Australia and throughout the Indo-West Pacific. In Australia, its natural distribution extends from the Ashburton River in Western Australia, throughout the Northern Territory, to the Maryborough River in Queensland.

As the barramundi is a tropical fish not native to New South Wales, juveniles for New South Wales barramundi farms are obtained from hatcheries in Queensland and the Northern Territory.The barramundi is also known to be a potential carrier of the barramundi encephalitis virus (BEV) which has the potential to affect a number of species native to New South Wales. As a result, NSW Fisheries has imposed tight restrictions on the culture of barramundi.