Identify the Venue Competition

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Identify the Venue Competition

thumbnail.php

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/competitions/18164-identify-the-venue-competition.html

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Greenie....I thought I had! Thanks for your honesty...I think that deserves the hoodie still....:)

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
The Canada thing's been done to Earth. Just a bit of fun, no harm intended whatsoever (hence the emoticons).

I just wish I could get big chub to bite the way I can't resist sometimes :)

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Greenie, a Hoodie? Chav will be SOOOOO jealous :)

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
I was almost certain it was a spot on the Ouse when I saw the photo.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Identify the swim, with just a bit of background to help; would that be a bit more of a challenge or too difficult.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Mark: we'll do something similar very soon...it's a good idea, I think - even if I do say so myself! :)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Mark: we'll do something similar very soon...it's a good idea, I think - even if I do say so myself! :)

Yep, I good idea of yours Cliff, there's more to you than meets the eye.

Seriously, that was of the top of my head, it may be difficult, maybe some of the more well known or famous swims and their venues but, how many are there? I am sure you will figure it.. Just do us all a favour, make sure they are English:):)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm. .... it's the Dorset Stour and "Iford" is almost correct ??????

That image is taken from Iford Lane looking down on Tuckton Golf Course towards what is now known as Meridians. That far bank was fields, then a short golf course, then Tucktonia etc etc.

??????

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

Looking towards Stour Road and Christchurch in the far distance. The large building with the blue/green roof is the pub, The Golfers Arms - car park to the right.

River flowing left to right (tides in ??????) down to Tuckton Bridge and "The Boats" below.

Out of shot to the left is a big sweeping bend and "The Dumps" opposite to "Homelands" which is now "The Meridians".

I reckon ????????????

Last edited: