Next record fish

peterjg

Reaction score
Next record fish: either crucian carp or perch. Definately not roach.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well for me i think it will be the Perch, could be Pike if some of the trout venues allowed coarse fishing.

Problem is, there are some many large waters that don't get fished, we don't know what size fish they may have in them. Plus the fact that there are a hell of a lot less anglers nowadays.

jimlad

Reaction score
My guess is a dace from the river Tyne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderer

Reaction score
I would have said Catfish but there is no official record for them, so i will go for Carp, selective breeding and loads of boilies have led to huge increases in weight over the years .

Keith M

Reaction score
Probably a bit out of your way Keith, now I'm up in almost nosebleed territory I'm fishing the area around Harrold...

My son and I are hoping to target a few Perch in the Felmersham and Radwell areas to start with.

Is Harrold near Odell?

Keith

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Trouble with records now is they are just the same old fish, in most cases, that have just put on a bit of weight. I do find records now are a bit pointless when fish are more or less force fed.
The pike record might go later in the year but it will be a spawn filled female.

wanderer

Reaction score
My son and I are hoping to target a few Perch in the Felmersham and Radwell areas to start with.

Is Harrold near Odell?

Keith

The Ouse at Felmersham is pretty shallow , Radwell, the pool under the railway arches is worth a look and that field contains deeper water before it reaches the bridge stretch and then deepens as it runs down the field. There is a country park at Harrold and Odell, with a decent stretch of the Ouse and a good pit in it, naturally stocked, some good Carp and i suspect some large predators, 67 quid a seson, day tickets available, Emberton Park at Olney, another place worth looking, lakes and a nice bendy bit of the Ouse on a day ticket.