Bed Chair Choice

terry m

Reaction score
My old JRC bed chair is tired, heavy, bent and uncomfortable, need a replacement.

The choice is bewildering, the prices are interesting too!

What is the consensus on the best bedchairs?

My needs are:-
1. Lightweight whilst retaining strength.
2. Fold with the bag attached.
3. No need for a wideboy type size. The normal adult size is preferable.
4. Price not critical, but high ticket price needs to be justified by tangible benefits

Thanks

sam vimes

Reaction score
Without going mad on price, I know a few that have gone for the Trakker RLX Flat-6 and are quite happy with their purchase. It would appear to tick all the boxes to me.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience of the Fox Flatliter?

Only tenuous, the few I know that have them seem happy enough. As a Flatliner owner, I'd have been happy with the lighter variant. However, I'm really not happy with beds where the sleeping bag is integral as part of a system. You just know that production isn't likely to last more than a few years.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Try before you buy.....as we know in Far East production quality control is useless and design problem are not removed until anglers have identified them

Don't just rely on a name for value or quality

sumtime

Reaction score
Ideal!
LT4557D_L.jpg

terry m

Reaction score
After heeding posts on this thread and spending some time checking out the actual products I did indeed settle on the Trakker RLX Flat 6. I am really happy with it.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Try before you buy.....as we know in Far East production quality control is useless and design problem are not removed until anglers have identified them

Don't just rely on a name for value or quality

I am not sure that this reflects reality today. Sure there are some poor quality products coming out of the far east, but that is not unique to that part of the world. Generally these days if quality is questionable for anything but extremely low priced items, the manufacturer will not last long.

I do not claim that China is the last bastion of quality management, but my experience, including several factory visits in Shanghai and Beijing suggest they are nothing like the car crash that they were 40 or 50 years ago.