Crooked Lines - Dominic Garnett

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Crooked Lines - Dominic Garnett

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18171-crooked-lines-dominic-garnett.html

This has got to be a winner...the antidote to the winter-blues. Join Dominic, Mark, the General and the Dalek for some really quirky stuff....
files.php

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I'm certainly looking forward to reading this...though I think the General is holding his fish out to the camera a bit much, don't you?

theartist

Reaction score
Good little read, think we all started with fishing like that.

Funny thing is no one's ever got me to draw their Pb ruffe or minnow so maybe The General will get in touch one day, after all he looks like a pro the way he's taking that shot holding the gudgeon with the remote.

B

binka

I really enjoyed reading that!

It has just the right blend of wit and that unmistakable eccentricity with which the outside world suspiciously view us anglers with possessing and often for very good reasons.

And not forgetting, in terms of giants and monsters, the almost purposeless enjoyment of those plucky little mini-species.

Thanks for the preview :)

peytr

Reaction score
I can't really find the right words to express my joy reading this. Forgotten species, forgotten and hidden waters.... lovely comes close :)

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I've nearly finished reading this book and can now tell FM viewers to expect something more than just 'quirky': this is very nice reading, perfect for bed-times, train journeys and other occasions when you just want to 'dip-in' for a short and satisfying read. Dominic Garnett is as happy with a short fly rod in the town centre as he is with an even shorter rod on the frozen lakes of the Arctic Circle. His take on angling might surprise you but it'll delight you too - if you possess a heart.