First lure caught double.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done Christian, nice critter/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif....out of interest...what spinner/lure did you use?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get in there Christian, I can't wait to try mine out on the canal /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Claudia I had it on a spinnerbait. I've written a bit more about the session on 'big pike are not hard to catch' thread.

Can't go wrong getting a couple though Claudia they're good lures.

Steve let us know how you get on. On here or by PM /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Thanks Christian....will have a read through that thread.....any clues/ideas what lures to use for zander?

Steve? Anyone?....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee I want to catch my first Z'd at the weekend but can't decide waht lure/spinners to take?/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Not a clue on Zander Claudia. Just repeating what I've read here so not my knowledge. But I've heard chubby shads are good. So any other smallish soft plastic could be worth a try?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cheers....I also read to use smaller ones then you would for Pike....but to be honest...I only ever done spinning 3 times so far and I have no idea about spinning or lure/spinners.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Spinnerbaits must be the most unlikely looking lures of them all
Boo-BYBW.jpg

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I like em. Just want some in bigger sizes for deeper waters now.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
what the f...?.....I have seen some bizarre spinners but never one like that/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

a muppet with spoons?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Thats a spinnerbait Claudia --and very effective they are too

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
certainly looks good...correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like a single hook to me, intead of a treble

Sorry for asking silly question....trying to learn/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Yes they have a single hook, facing upwards aswell. so you can fish them through most weeds or along the bottom and most of the time they come back clean.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
like my sea chads....which gives me an idea.....I got small spoons/spinners and smallish squid shads in different colour....I could try to make some up myself /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Claudia,

Wecatches them Z's on the Severn with Shakespeare Big S patterns, Shakespearesoft-tailsand Rapala slashbaits... in hot pink!!

But you ain't heard nothing from me right? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
****y

When it comes to lure and spinners you might as well speakzulu to me /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif......I haven't got a single idea /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif....but I will learn/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif