Which type of fishing could you improve most in?

grizzley81

Reaction score
For me its going to be spinning as I have never tried it before but very much looking forward to it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

B

binka

Lure fishing, but then I'd have to like it enough to do it regularly.

Not that I dislike it, it's just that there's too many other things that I enjoy doing more which could explain my cack handedness at it :)

grizzley81

Reaction score
Don't get much more cack handed then me I'm left handed so I'm off to a great start :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

robtherake

Reaction score
Fishing with artificials of any kind, but particularly fly fishing, which is presently a mystery to me. :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Discounting the things I don't do, and have little interest in, probably quivertipping. I don't enjoy it and would rather avoid doing it. However, it's sometimes a necessary evil.

thecrow

Reaction score
I would have liked to improve my river float fishing, I never did it enough to get to any sort of competency and now for a few reasons its to late for me to achieve that, that's unless I poach one of binka's swims that contains some large Barbel and Perch :D

tom_moran

Reaction score
This winter it's dropshotting for me, had a few hours and a few small fish, definitely need practise though. Next spring onwards my mission will be split into two sections, first will be canal tench, which I've never had and secondly I want to do some river float fishing as I've never really done it and want to give it a go, just need to find a river that's not too far away and has fish in it

Keith M

Reaction score
My main weakness is in lure fishing for Pike. I'm ok with using small Mepps spinners for Perch and I've even caught Bream on tiny 2cm minnow flies when after Perch, but I just can't seem to catch any Pike using larger lures.
NB. I have however caught the occasional pike on wobbled natural deadbaits, it's artificial lures I have problems with LOL.

It isn't because I haven't tried, or that I'm not fishing in the right places, and I have a large selection of different types and patterns of lures, and rods to match, but I just seem unable to break my duck when it comes to using normal sized lures for Pike etc.

Keith

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Definitely lure fishing....but I've kinda accepted that I'm rubbish at it and always will be and there are loads of other things I'd much rather do.

Not a type of fishing but if there was one aspect of my fishing that I could improve on its feeding....particularly the use of groundbait.

Last edited:

wanderer

Reaction score
Sink and draw for pike, i am sure my technique is not the best, it catches fish but i would love to fish with an expert.

P

pointngo

Fly fishing for me. Did a bit as a kid on holiday and taught myself to pike fly fish earlier this year, but it's so frustrating I've almost ditched the idea.

No backcast, fly line catching on everything bigger than a blade of grass, knots in the running line from the basket, wind too strong or wrong direction, limited ability to cover a swim effectively, getting smacked round the back of the head by a huge fly, one in the back of the hand ... it all leads to an inefficient way of fishing which totally goes against how I generally go about catching fish.

It's plain stressful! :eek:mg: :w :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't really improve on anything as i'm perfect at all ;):D:D

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Using a Centre Pin. I need to practise far more (trapping line behind the spool tangles, winding the wrong way etcetera etcetera etcetera:eek:mg:) The problem with my limited angling time is that I don't want to risk losing a good fish because of my ineptitude with a pin! Suffice it to say it's fixed spool on the Itchen (It could be a closed face but I'm cr*p with that as well:rolleyes:)

terry m

Reaction score
For me it would be close grouping of bait when spodding.

I am reasonably competent, but with a cross wind the tight grouping that is often aspired to is extremely difficult to achieve.

jimlad

Reaction score
Cod fishing for me. It takes years of knowledge and experience to be able to know where and when the cod will show, to get to the right spot, at the right tide in the right conditions. There's some lads I know who catch cod consistently and others, like me, who dabble in it between river sessions when the conditions seem good, and do average at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtherake

Reaction score
For me it would be close grouping of bait when spodding.

I am reasonably competent, but with a cross wind the tight grouping that is often aspired to is extremely difficult to achieve.

Me too, although I make no pretence of any accuracy at all. :eek:mg: I've been toying with the idea of getting a 10ft, 4.5lb Nash Dwarf, considering that I find shorter rods easier to be accurate with. Stands to reason it would hold true whatever you're chucking, don't you think? The testing bods have made extraordinarily long casts with the shorter format. Up to 170yds, if I remember rightly, although I guess you'd expect rather less with a spod attached. 100yds should be no problem. Most of the places I fish that'd be in the next field. :)

mightyboosh

Reaction score
Fly fishing. Despite casting a fly on/off for most of my life and catching plenty of fish, if the wind picks up in the wrong direction or there are obstacles to a decent backcast, I find myself reaching for a spinning rod, provided it's allowed of course.