New Carper

P

Paul Houghton

I said I wouldn't...but, I have after years of saying I wouldn't get into carp I have. Sadly buying new tackle etc. is not only expensive, but also confusing. So, the question is...decent 12ft rods, 2-2 1/2lb TC. under 100 quid...any recomendations?

Thanks in advance...

R

Richard Harris

Well... I use and like the Nash Hooliguns. Well under ?100.

B

Birds Nest

You should be able to pick up the Daiwa powermesh range for about that a rod, there are quite a lot kicking about 2nd hand too. I got a set for 90 quid the pair, I really cant fault them.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Paul, why not look to getting them made up for you by a local rod builder, not only should you get the deal you are after in the price bracket you have, you can also get them to suit your fishing. Example: do you want to push a PVA bag out 100 yards or do you want to fish the margins etc.

P

Pat Farr

I've got the powermesh-x too, 2.75 tc long distance, which is great for (as the name suggests) distance work but also very sensitive for margin work, so a 2.25 tc will suit you very well. i also got mine 2nd hand, off ebay in fact, but can also vouch for carplines... hooliguns have also been mentioned, a top rod, and don't overlook the fox rangemaster either...