The Pondwood Fishery Story

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Very interesting to read of Pondwood Fisheries ( or Farm as it was known to me ) and what has taken place since I stopped fishing many years ago....
In those days, and I may well be wrong, I was under the impression that the property, including the stables which held some wonderful horses, was owned by an ex jockey of some note, or so I understood. In fact I started to fish the place ( both the main ponds ) before the high quality stables were built, although to be honest I could not tell you the year !
In those days the day ticket price was £8 from memory and it was a very nice place to fish mid week for the carp of which my biggest was modest 26lb - not too bad for the water ! A great place for floating baits with crust being best for the better fish. On a good day I could go through two whole loaves of crust and many's the time I went home after running out of bait......

Eventually I tired of the place and I wanted to move onto waters which held bigger fish such as Dinton Pastures so the introduction of catfish etc mentioned in the article is all news to me.

Anyway, always a well managed fishery and good to see the place of which I have fond memories doing well. A great place for a days fishing in very nice surroundings so well worth a visit if you live in the area !!

ps Nice article by the way............................