Frylies...

fishplate42

Reaction score
I have been messing about with hook bait possibilities. Having found myself in possession of a couple of dozen mini pork pies (If you really want to know why - See HERE) I was wondering what to do with them. Please don't suggest eating them! If you do you have obviously never tried Asda mini pork pies...

That aside I didn't want them to go to waist so after 'dismantling' them I had a go at making a paste. Instead of boiling it to make boilies I had a go at frying it to make 'Frylies' (like boilies, bit fried - see?). It is early days but I have made some progress. The story so far can be found HERE.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried making fried hook bait? I have fried off various ready cooked meats like Spam and Bacon Grill. This seems to have an inconsistent success rate for me so I am not sure if this is going to work at all.

floating frylie!

Whatever happens, I will have had fun trying ;)

Ralph.

ciprinus

Reaction score
I have been messing about with hook bait possibilities. Having found myself in possession of a couple of dozen mini pork pies (If you really want to know why - See HERE) I was wondering what to do with them. Please don't suggest eating them! If you do you have obviously never tried Asda mini pork pies...

That aside I didn't want them to go to waist so after 'dismantling' them I had a go at making a paste. Instead of boiling it to make boilies I had a go at frying it to make 'Frylies' (like boilies, bit fried - see?). It is early days but I have made some progress. The story so far can be found HERE.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried making fried hook bait? I have fried off various ready cooked meats like Spam and Bacon Grill. This seems to have an inconsistent success rate for me so I am not sure if this is going to work at all.

floating frylie!

Whatever happens, I will have had fun trying ;)

Ralph.

immensely interesting Ralph!! whoever thought that Asda pork pies were so ****, personally i like the Aldi ones, but then they do boilies dont they :wh:wh
looking forward to what could turn into a very informative post :cool:

greenie62

Reaction score
..... Please don't suggest eating them! If you do you have obviously never tried Asda mini pork pies...

:eek:mg:Oh No, Ralph!
I think you might have just started Pork Pie War II! :eek::D:eek:mg:

Last year this escalated to Yorks v. Lancs v. Midlands v. The Rest. This one looks like being Asda v. Aldi v. Everyone else!
:eek:mg:We'll have to get the Taliban to mediate :eek::D

wanderer

Reaction score
An old trick used to involve frying luncheon meat to make it float, and another was to very low time microwave boilies to make cheap pop ups, i have a feeling Chris may have a view on that.

B

binka

I'm just pleased he's found a use for an Asda branded food product, the usual protocol is to throw away the contents and eat the packaging on the basis that it tastes far better and probably has more nutritional value.

Eat the contents?

Not on your nelly! :eek: :puke: :eek:

I'd be surprised if the fish don't jump out when you chuck one of those in the water... :D

fishplate42

Reaction score
...immensely interesting Ralph!! whoever thought that Asda pork pies were so ****, personally i like the Aldi ones, but then they do boilies dont they :wh:wh
looking forward to what could turn into a very informative post :cool:

Well, here is the latest update I took the frylies with me on Saturday. They did stay on the hair (using a push-stop) and survived the cast and retrieve. The fact that I caught nothing on them was not of any relevance as the lake was not giving up its fish readily at all. I only caught two fish in five hours, and one of those weighed only 1oz! The other weighted 5½lb. you can see how I got on HERE.

Frilies may well be better kept for the warmer months - I will let you know how I get on with them then.

Ralph.