If money was no object....

theartist

Reaction score
What a difference we could make!

Here's a couple to start

I'd create a fish farm for each region and i'd financially incentivise schemes like the Avon roach project for each river catchment/lake complex.

What would you do for the good of angling?

robtherake

Reaction score
Free licences for everyone under 18 and over 65. Raise a fighting fund to hammer polluters and restock following "incidents."

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Plant trees in Wales to prevent flooding lower down the river

B

binka

Paid, professional, twenty four hour security guards on every stretch of no PRN river with powers of arrest and a fast track prosecution service for tresspasser paddlers.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I would buy an Edward Barder Rod and Chris Lythe Centrepin and every big fish I caught on the pair, I would enter into the two weekly comic's.

The money or goods I won would go to Les Webbers Angling Projects :wh

Bob

The bad one

Reaction score
Set up an Environmental Legal Trust to take on the Government of the day for every failing it makes to meet its obligations under its own laws and regulations its signed up to through the courts.

Why an environmental legal trust and not one just for water?
Because there's so much interconnectivity between the 2 (environment and water) that only a holistic over arching approach will solve the problems both suffer from.

Keith M

Reaction score
You did say "if money was no object" didn't you?

Supply funds for a Lobby group to lobby for the creation of a 'government independant' NRA type body that isn't in bed with the same people who licence water abstraction from our rivers, and who have teeth enough to stop our rivers from silting up and slowly dwindling away each year.

Pay for the creation and maintenance of proper land drains in flood prone areas which can drain excessive water into the sea which would be opened in times of flood and therefore alleviate the terrible flooding that we have each year and also prevent our rivers from being straightened and dredged whenever we have excessive rain.

And pay for all the other projects in this thread too. LOL.

Keith

Last edited:

wanderer

Reaction score
Similar to his Lordship but i would also replace the commercial fish with yellow plastic ducks and hand the anglers a bamboo stick with a hook on the end to keep them happy.

steve2

Reaction score
Like the idea of removing fish from commercials but not putting any of the carp into rivers. Would do the same with the over stocked specimen commercials as well.
Would buy up the ground water abstraction licences and only allow water to be taken from the river further down stream.

robtherake

Reaction score
pay for netting of overstocked commercial ponds , pay compensation to the owner and after checking the fish are healthy and carry no diseases restock them in rivers

I don't think many river anglers would like having their best barbel and chub swims filled with mud pigs :eek: Better to eat the blighters. :D

dannyboy1

Reaction score
pay for netting of overstocked commercial ponds , pay compensation to the owner and after checking the fish are healthy and carry no diseases restock them in rivers
Hell No!! The rivers around me are better now than ever better than ever,crystal clear full of fish beautiful coloured and more importantly not a massive head of carp!

Why would you want scuffy looking commercial fish i them??

I'd build a fantasy fishing complex, that would be really unprofitable but moneys no object right?

Heated pumped flowing water with warmer water fish in them.
Maybe in tastefully done indoor water think a couple of football standium's covered with in door plants.
And make it free to children and anyone who's needy.

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk