The Dark Art - Part 2

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: The Dark Art - Part 2

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18185-the-dark-art-part-2.html

Enjoy Tony Corless's second part of 'The Dark Art'

files.php

wanderer

Reaction score
Super stuff Tony, still got some onions and bodied wagglers, perfect for the job, you make me yearn for the old days and the wonderful tench mornings, anti carp i aint but why have people destroyed this massive pleasure for so many in the pursuit of profit, if only i could turn the clock back, for me you just did,thanks mate, great blog.

steve2

Reaction score
Your post certainly brings back memories of those Tench morning.
I remember my first big bag of Tench caught from Wormleybury Manor Lake back in the early 1970's, 50 plus tench between the two of us. We had spent the last weeks of the close season preparing the swim. Strange thing was we never caught another bag of Tench from this water. It's now part of a very expensive apartment development.

Reaction score
These natural lakes,with natural food larders, with fish other than water pigs! In natural settings,what an appalling loss to all anglers! All anglers should have the chance to experience fishing in its natural way! Doubt that many anglers under 40 have experienced the pleasure. What a damm rotten shame!

tom_moran

Reaction score
The small lake on one of my club tickets holds rudd, roach, bream, tench, golden tench, brown goldfish, crucian carp and gudgeon and I'm very much looking forward to fishing it in the spring

peytr

Reaction score
Very inspiring reading.

I just decided the coming season I'm going to try and catch a few tench and crucians if possible. I caught these on a regular bases when I was young. The strategy was simple: Find waters which everyone overlooks, overgrown and seemingly empty as far as fish are concerned, make a fishable open spot and fish it. In nine out of ten sessions I got tench, sometimes crucian carp. Very seldom something else but even a loner of a roach or bream was welcome at the time. Often big ones too.

The strategy should work today although I didn't fish like this for the last 40 years or so. There's tons of overgrown waters which are never fished and should contain these species in abundance. Now, how many months until temperatures are up again.....