Hello from between three rivers

Kevin aka Aethelbald

Reaction score
Hello folks.

After 20 years fly fishing, moved south a couple of years ago and I'm now living between the Wye, Severn and Avon, so I thought I'd get back into coarse (float) fishing.

I was never very knowledgeable about coarse fishing, so I'm here to learn.

Digging out my 'old tackle' (no s******ing) - I need a new rod, but I'm curious about my reels. I don't think I want to go buying anything else... just curious what you guys (and girls?) think of them.

- Shimano 3500M Aero Perfection XT-7
- Shimano 4010 ZX XT-7

Hope I've not broken Forum protocol by asking questions in my introductory post!

Yours, Cherry.

EDIT
PS. Looks like I've already fallen foul of Admin's **** edit above. Worse with the ***** than without!

thecrow

Reaction score
Hello Cherry, welcome to FM and the world of course fishing, plenty of advice on here so I am sure someone with the required knowledge will be along to answer your questions.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, and welcome to FishingMagic . . . . . .

On the forum we have an automatic censor software that prevents the use of the more usual non-pc words, but sometimes also intercedes on words that contain one . . . . . . for example . . . I think you meant s.n.i.g.g.e.r.i.n.g

Otherwise feel free to ask any questions and I'm sure many of the members here will be only too pleased to help you out . . . . .

tight lines

theartist

Reaction score
Hello Cherry welcome to the forum.

Can't help you regards the tackle but down here you must realise that Three Rivers refers to the mighty Gade, Colne and Chess and not the streams you mention :)

Much worse than swearing :D

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Can't help you regards the tackle but down here you must realise that Three Rivers refers to the mighty Gade, Colne and Chess and not the streams you mention

This from the guy who regularly fishes that "stream" that some refer to as the River Severn :p:D

Welcome to FM Mr Cherry, reels sound good to me :)

Last edited: