Carp in Somerset?

yaffle

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've sadly been away from carping for a couple of years while I was finishing off at Uni, but I always promised myself that I'd start up again in the 2016 season...

However, I now realise I was incredibly spoilt growing up amongst the estate lakes and park lakes of Cheshire...and I'm really struggling to find something even remotely similar down in Somerset!

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated, as I'm desperate to get out again! For anyone that knows the area, I live near Cheddar and am happy to travel up to an hour-ish for the right venue! Somewhere quiet, and with the chance of some nice-looking upper doubles/twenties would be perfect!

So far I've seen Chard Reservoir, Bridgewater AA and Cheddar Reservoir, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there... :(

Any help would be amazing! Thanks in advance!

Oli

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 ----------

Re-posted in correct forum...sorry!

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Mikw Willmot lives down that way, maybe drop him a polite email, (maybe with a bait order? ;) ) and tap his knowledge. I believe the drains and Parret river mhold carp, have you read his book? It's got a little information in it, not a great deal though.