Where did 2015 go?

fishplate42

Reaction score
They say time flies when you are having fun so that must be what happened to 2015. My first full year of fishing was full of highs and lows, but manly enjoyable 'lows' if that makes sense. Each low was a learning experience, a chance to discover what does not work, sometimes this knowledge that is just as valuable in the future.

It has been a year of discovery for me. I have learnt a lot, but also I have learnt there is an awful lot more to learn. I have no idea what next year will bring, but I am sure it will be a lot of fun. You can read more HERE.

This year I intend to make more of the winter months by fishing for silvers using light tackle and bothering some of our urban fish in London and the towns of Kent and maybe beyond.

Do you change your fishing habits with the seasons/weather or do you only fish certain times of the year and take a break during others?

Ralph.

wanderer

Reaction score
Yes mate, always take a break through the winter, i am very busy at work through most of it, ageing bones dont like the cold and a break renews my enthusiasm , i await spring like a kid waits for christmas morning.

Chefster

Reaction score
They say time flies when you are having fun so that must be what happened to 2015. My first full year of fishing was full of highs and lows, but manly enjoyable 'lows' if that makes sense. Each low was a learning experience, a chance to discover what does not work, sometimes this knowledge that is just as valuable in the future.

It has been a year of discovery for me. I have learnt a lot, but also I have learnt there is an awful lot more to learn. I have no idea what next year will bring, but I am sure it will be a lot of fun. You can read more HERE.

This year I intend to make more of the winter months by fishing for silvers using light tackle and bothering some of our urban fish in London and the towns of Kent and maybe beyond.

Do you change your fishing habits with the seasons/weather or do you only fish certain times of the year and take a break during others?

Ralph.

Happy new year Ralph,ive loved reading your blogs,your enthusiasm is infectious mate,from your thirst for knowledge and your new recipes,to your first steps into matchfishing,it must have been a very enjoyable journey for you mate,in your first year..all the best for 2016,Gazza

john step

Reaction score
Yes Ralph,
I also enjoy your enthusiasm. 2015 went in a flash didn't it.
I have had a terrific Autumn and winter so far. I think its down to the mild weather.
Good numbers of decent perch and pike although no personal bests.

As to you question of do you change habits in winter. Absolutely. Perch and pike as stated but I have a few waters up my sleeve where I can go and fish for "bites" on light tackle when the going gets tough and I want a few silvers.

I know some very good anglers who will go to "easy" waters to keep catching. Nothing wrong with that. Its a good ploy to keep the enthusiasm up.

The rivers seem to be more hit and miss as the years progress with constant changes of levels every time it rains. This makes my chubbing a trial. This makes a few reliable still waters a must.

I think you have to set your sights lower in the winter for bait/silver fishing.

Last edited: