Bass protection

Jon Law

Reaction score
I hope this gets around the wider group on this forum. I understand its more Sea angling related, I hope you will forgive me for this post.

Its about time anglers from whatever part of our great sport stood together on major issues. We could be such a powerful lobby in the UK, we just need to wake up to that fact

This is a major injustice that anglers are to ( which I hope they do ) observe a close season on endangered Bass stocks in our waters .... But Gill netters and some commercial boats are exempt at a time when breeding Bass are most vulnerable !

Please consider taking a few seconds to sign this important petition, thanks

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116747

Don't let cynicism and apathy win

john step

Reaction score
Tried to send it. It is probably me, but....it keeps telling me I havn't signed it until I click the link.....What link and where??? I can't see anywhere to click!!!

GOT IT NOW....THEY EMAIL YOU BACK TO SIGN THE PETITION......DOH

Last edited:

myfish

Reaction score
The sorry facts are, that most, who fish for bass, didn't bother to engage with the process.

The EU were given skewed, seriously skewed figures by the AT, in turn given to them by BASS. The 25% recreational mortality figure and 800,000 recreational anglers taking bass was judged to 'look good on paper' by those who should have known better and, never canvassed it's wider membership yet alone the wider public.

Long story but, another tale of being screwed over due to flawed data and appalling political decisions.

bullet

Reaction score
Why is it that plain old common sense cannot prevail these days?

Everything seems mired in bullsh*t.:confused::confused:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Signed .
Poor turn out it has to be said , Wonder what the turn out would be if the plan was removal of carp from British waters be more like 9.5 million by now .

PG ...

Jon Law

Reaction score
Signed, surprised there have only been 9.5K signatures though:confused:

I think its cynicism and apathy mate :/

Angling has never been under greater pressure, what with freshwater predators, under investment, penalising laws and a lack of growth, in the uptake of Angling as a lifelong Pastime/ Sport/ Hobby ..

If we don't learn to stick together now we could be seeing the end of days for diversity of angling in the UK ... and I'm seriously no pessimist .... and I hardly ever fish for Bass lol but enough is enough

myfish

Reaction score
Is it really apathy or, more akin to the numbers the EU were given for recreational numbers being so skewed, we are 'expecting' more of a turnout.

Someone somewhere claimed 800,000.

Well, base that on the 11,000 so miles of UK coastline.
That would mean, we should see an angler pretty much standing within casting distance of each other, for the WHOLE coastline, every single day, all taking their personal quota of bass.

As we know, that is FAR from the truth.