shimarno reel

sis the roach

Reaction score
was looking at buying the new stradic 4000 but they have no back wind what do you think

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
I think I don't understand the question?
Give me a clue

sis the roach

Reaction score
sorry what i meant to say was the reel doesn,t have a back wind you can not wind the handle backwards ?

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

you can not wind the handle backwards

Last edited:

floatfish

Reaction score
I might be reading this all wrong , but the Shiamano reels I have both have
a small anti reverse lever behind the main spool. One way it locks the reel
and prevents back wind, the other it lets the wind go either way.
Hope that helps ?

snooozer

Reaction score
I just watched a product video of this reel on Shimano's site and for the life of me i cant see any AR lever, There's also a video and at no point do i see the handle rotating backwards....strange :confused:

john step

Reaction score
sorry what i meant to say was the reel doesn,t have a back wind you can not wind the handle backwards ?

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

you can not wind the handle backwards

Very strange. I have Shimanos and the anti reverse is under the spool.

I may be wrong, but, I have never heard of a fixed spool without an anti reverse on or off lever.

Snoozer...just seen your pictures....very strange indeed. Have just watched "tackle Fanatics" on You Tube and the one being reviewed had a tiny anti reverse under the spool as well as a "fighting drag".

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I know that Penn Liveliners didn't have a backwind. I've no idea whether the new Stradic does or not. However, if it follows the convention of recent Shimano fixed spool reels, the anti-reverse switch could easily be hidden in the photos. Most of the recent Shimano reels intended for coarse fishing have had a tiny switch located underneath the body of the reel just behind the rotor.

snooozer

Reaction score
I know that Penn Liveliners didn't have a backwind. I've no idea whether the new Stradic does or not. However, if it follows the convention of recent Shimano fixed spool reels, the anti-reverse switch could easily be hidden in the photos. Most of the recent Shimano reels intended for coarse fishing have had a tiny switch located underneath the body of the reel just behind the rotor.

Strange again lol as my 7000lt liveliners have got AR.

seth49

Reaction score
Just been googling also sorts to find this.
It seems it has no external switch for the anti reverse,
To make it more saltwater proof. so it has one can't find out how you activate it though.

steve2

Reaction score
if you look at this website you will find some posts about this. TackleTours, just search forums, reels.

Last edited:

sis the roach

Reaction score
i have now found out from shimarno that there is no anti reverse on the new stadic reels they say the drag is so good now on the reel that there is no need to fit anti reverse on the reel

snooozer

Reaction score
i have now found out from shimarno that there is no anti reverse on the new stadic reels they say the drag is so good now on the reel that there is no need to fit anti reverse on the reel

How are we ever going to line up out handles :eek:mg:

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I still use my Mitchell Matches for trotting and have the anti-reverse set off but I also have some older Stradics that I use with the anti-reverse set on as tangles are likely otherwise. I do, however, set the anti-reverse off just before netting a fish (then back on when it's in the net) as this allows me to get the fish at the right distance for netting. This is especially so if you have to hold a fish on a very tight line from nearside snags - chub for instance - then when they're beaten you need more line out again, and I'm not convinced pulling line again the clutch by hand is the best way to achieve this.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I think someones been telling you porkies, I have new stradics and they have a anti reverse switch. The backwing facility is useful for situations other than playing a fish.
Only in the last week I got some of the latest baitrunner reels and they also have an reverse switch.

steve2

Reaction score
Strange, a video I have been watching shows no anti reverse and the person demonstrating the reel say there is no anti reverse. Must depend on the model number unless yours are old models.