New Carp record !

ian_grant

Reaction score
I'm being told the British Carp record has gone, the fish went 68lb 1oz, i'm told it's public news now, but haven't seen anything yet, so i wont reveal the rest of the details.... Except well done DF magnificent fish, and capture ! :thumbs:

ciprinus

Reaction score
apparently it is only an UNOFICIAL record?? whatever that means :/

wanderer

Reaction score
Get your tin hat ready Mrs Parrot, the hail of lead will suddenly increase, the circus is back in town.

wanderer

Reaction score
Obviously a birdseed boilie, had him in a flap for a few minutes, spitting feathers trying to land it.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I wonder if this fish can talk.

Or is it a flying fish.

Monty Pythons would have a field day with this.

Wake up Polly, wake up Polly Parrot, Beautiful Plumage.

Is it a Norwegian Blue Common ??

Last edited:

daniel121

Reaction score
Apparently Dean Fletcher has caught "the parrot" the fish has great potential too, it doesn't look like its ready to 'peg it' because I've heard the fish was stocked less than 20 years ago and has piled the weight on since.

Therefore I'm sure we'll see it again maybe, it could be the next "two tone"??

However with full respect to the angling skill,watercraft, venue knowledge, determination time and money spent catching this magnificent fish, I just don't like it.....

Angling was once mystical magical pastime, where the inner child still lived his fantany of what lies beneath, with the tales of catching the unseen monster, which normally turns out to be a rarther average sized pike, but it was the mystique. Not a bunch of privileged anglers catching the same fish over and over again hoping its been to McDonald's since the last time

I cannot understand why anyone would want to fish for 'big buddy' last caught 6months ago 2oz lower than bobby caught it 9 months ago?

However it's important to remember we are not all the same, while I feel I would not give a rat behind to fish for 'the parrot' or any other named 'pet' fish. many feel passionate about it and attached to it, did you hear about the grown men crying at two tone's funeral?? Crazy to me but not to them.

Congratulations Dean:thumbs:

wanderer

Reaction score
I can see your no lover of the dreaded circus, welcome to the club, and the forum Daniel.

daniel121

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome mate

Im not no, circus is probably not the way I would of described it but "roll up roll up come and fish the lake 'the parrot' lives in" certainly fits. :D

Seriously i cast no stones at however anyone gets there enjoyment in fishing, as long as they respect their quarry and wildlife around them. However i reserve the right not to like it, its not for me as catching a net of Trent Roach may not be for them.

wanderer

Reaction score
Well said buddy, me too, and i dont mind telling them so, although it ruffles a few feathers.

robtherake

Reaction score
The barbel record fiasco was no different. Diff'rent strokes, though. It's nice to push up your own PB's now and again, but I couldn't be - and never have been - a circus follower. Obsessions rarely end well and even when the object's achieved it seldom feels as good as you expect it to. A good fish out of the blue gives you a much better vibe, IMHO.

thecrow

Reaction score
I see this as no different to anglers fishing a water that is known to hold big fish because the angler wants to target big fish, if one of the fish in that water has the capability of breaking a record are they supposed not to fish it just in case they catch a record?

I don't like anglers that descend onto a water just because it has produced a fish of a certain size but I don't see why anglers should be criticised for joining a water that they know contains the size of fish that they want to catch.

As I have said before I detest the naming of fish but its nothing new its gone on since fishing purposely for big fish has been around going right back to those that fished Redmire Pool, it does nothing more than take away from the personal experience of catching a big fish but that is down to whoever did it in the first place not the angler that catches it.

Named and known fish aside its an achievement to hold a record and must be a great feeling, there are always those that cannot stop the green eyed monster clouding their views, well done Dean on a great fish.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I am with Crow on this to a point. That point being that when a venue turns up a record fish, the circus move in.

I know how it feels to catch a record, but the worst part is waiting for the BRFC to confirm the fish as a record, it goes on and on.

Well done to Dean,

The one thing i do worry about is the weight this fish is putting on. If it was only stocked 20 years ago, does anyone know what the stock weight was ??

theartist

Reaction score
I think we've all spent a lot of time pondering the merits of the different aspects of fishing. Lets face it specimen hunting is as far away from match fishing as big game fishing is from catching tiddlers in a tiny brook. Fly fishing, drop shotting, I could go on, just how diverse our past time is cannot be parralled. Which has to be a good thing.

Good luck to those who do any of the above and still retain their perspective and have respect for the other genres.

As for circuses the only way to stop them is to go for the juggler :wh

wanderer

Reaction score
I am with Crow on this to a point. That point being that when a venue turns up a record fish, the circus move in.

I know how it feels to catch a record, but the worst part is waiting for the BRFC to confirm the fish as a record, it goes on and on.

Well done to Dean,

The one thing i do worry about is the weight this fish is putting on. If it was only stocked 20 years ago, does anyone know what the stock weight was ??
Yep Ray, it was stocked at 12 pounds 20 years ago.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Yep Ray, it was stocked at 12 pounds 20 years ago.

12 pounds 20 years ago.

Now 68lb 1oz so on average its putting on 2lb 8ozs, now being 56lb bigger than when stocked.

Seems its not just the human race becoming Obese.

Must say, that at least the fish doesn't look like a football, as many other Carp do when putting on so much weight.

I hope Deans scales are correct, and if he makes the claim for a record, he is successful.