New tackle

caelan

Reaction score
Hi tanglers
been saving\spending new landing net an handal arrived looks great feels good just need to get out an use them any one else got new gear to use yet

Keith M

Reaction score
The wife bought me a Shimano Stradic 4000S GTM-RC reel which I still need to load some line onto before I can try it out on the river.

Keith

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
A drop shotting rod and reel in the shed I haven't touched, bought them a year ago:eek:

steve2

Reaction score
3 travel rods I bought 2 years ago. Never been anywhere to use them. May be this year.

wanderer

Reaction score
loads of frozen seafood from tesco, my new baiting strategy for this year, plus nuts.

swizzle

Reaction score
I have a new shimano 4000 baitrunner, which I bought specifically for the Tench pit I will be targeting I'm spring. Can't wait to crack it out

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I admit to purchasing a pair of Drennan Series 7 x 1,5lb tc rods complete with Shimano baitrunner reels loaded with 8lb line for tench fishing, that now sit languishing in an upstairs room where they have been for the last two years ( or more ) .....In that time they have been used probably twice.
It seemed a good idea at the time and all is not lost as to future usage, but I have to break the spell of roach fishing which has had me in its grasp for some time.

Perhaps this year I will drag them down to the Estate lake once frequented by Jerry ( and possibly still by S-Kippy ) and give them a whirl ....Yes, that's what I'll do instead of chasing roach.............but then we have the crucians of early summer mornings and......

........................just how is one supposed to find the time, but I do look longingly at those rods ..

barbelboi

Reaction score
I admit to purchasing a pair of Drennan Series 7 x 1,5lb tc rods complete with Shimano baitrunner reels loaded with 8lb line for tench fishing, that now sit languishing in an upstairs room where they have been for the last two years ( or more ) .....In that time they have been used probably twice.
It seemed a good idea at the time and all is not lost as to future usage, but I have to break the spell of roach fishing which has had me in its grasp for some time.

Perhaps this year I will drag them down to the Estate lake once frequented by Jerry ( and possibly still by S-Kippy ) and give them a whirl ....Yes, that's what I'll do instead of chasing roach.............but then we have the crucians of early summer mornings and......

........................just how is one supposed to find the time, but I do look longingly at those rods ..

Yes.........................
s22_zps63189997.jpg

B

binka

I've had a bit of a forced splurge of late, I say forced because the gear I've been buying isn't made any more and finding what I wanted is getting harder.

Last week I managed to bag an original four piece Hardy Marksman Ultralite Avon Smuggler, for some reason they never made these in a two piece and I fancied the 1lb test curve for a number of things including big perch fishing, I just want another now to make the pair but they are rare :eek:mg:

Then there's the obvious one with the Hardy 'pin in the other thread.

Glasgow Angling were knocking out Marksman luggage at less than half price before Christmas so I bagged another Smuggler Holdall, the Tackle & Bait Bag and another Marksman landing net pole as I Binka'd my original which has been living a comfortable life at a shorter six foot instead of eight.

I reckon I'm about done now but never say never :)

robtherake

Reaction score
A pair of Young's Ray Walton barbel rods, which haven't seen any real use yet, but which will probably be the rods that get most stick this year; they look like being bloody good all-rounders. Also a pair of 10ft, 2.25lb Nash Dwarves (dwarfs?!) for campsite lake carping - I'm already quite impressed with these.

I'm currently modelling a selection of Navitas clothing, won before Christmas from Advanced Carp Fishing magazine, just AFTER getting an Agent jacket (on the cheap, though, so that's OK!)

The Agent jacket, currently reduced from £90 to £50, is rather excellent and gets used for everything - gardening, dog walking, the lot. With a fleece zipped-in (the heavyweight Regatta ones are a perfect fit) it's roasty-toasty and has a 5000 rating for water-repellency and breathability. Whether it has the longevity of my old, near-indestructible Preston Drifish suit remains to be seen, but it smells a great deal better. I miss the wired peak, though.
The two-piece suit is more of the same, with thicker lining and fewer pockets; a onesy-style undersuit, imaginitively called a Rompa, is warm enough for the coldest of days and nights and three different khaki/camo hoodies, a bobble hat and jogging pants complete the ensemble, so now I look like the Navitas model, only a bit shorter, older and balder. :D

sam vimes

Reaction score
A second hand Drennan DRX Logic 4.8 match rod that I picked up for a song over Christmas. I doubt it's going to see much action this side of harvest time.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Yes.........................
s22_zps63189997.jpg

Yes...very picturesque. Unfortunately the place has been choked solid with pondweed for the last 2 years making it almost impossible to get a bait in the water. I doubt I'll be bothering with the place next year. Shame...lovely lake and just down the road but no longer the water it was.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes...very picturesque. Unfortunately the place has been choked solid with pondweed for the last 2 years making it almost impossible to get a bait in the water. I doubt I'll be bothering with the place next year. Shame...lovely lake and just down the road but no longer the water it was.

Yes, I remember that the weed started appearing about three years ago Skip (haven't fished it in two+) - bit of a shame as, not only did it look the part, it was a very good tench water.

trotter2

Reaction score
Not purchased any new gear for a while now. Cant find anything to get excited about enough to open me wallet.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
If my experiences of drop shotting are anything to go by best leave them there. You'll catch no fewer fish if you do !

:eek:mg:

Rod for sale: never used, considered using it though but there are no signs of wear from that.

Chefster

Reaction score
I have an 8ft Browning commercial king tip rod,for fishing across on snake lakes at Tunnel Barn,with a small hybrid/pellet feeder or bomb and popped up bread,but for some reason ,although its set up in a ready rod bag,ive not even used it yet:rolleyes:Maybe i,ll give it a go this week...Gazza

duncan_m

Reaction score
As long as you are using something, recent purchases still have a chance. It's when you bought them but aren't using anything that real sadness sets in!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk