Fishing's Magic

daniel121

Reaction score
Hi all,

I join here after being a heavy poster on another fishing forum which seems to allow 3 or so members belittle, name call and antagonise with a free run. While they mainly stay in the non fishing sub forum It took the joy out of the forum. I have lurked on this forum for a bit, however never joined as I always used the other forum.

I look forward to virtually meeting and speaking with you all. I'm a oldie type of angler who enjoys talking about the good old days, but also enjoys the modern styles of fishing too. I may appear a little romantic when talking about stick floats and powerplant warmed rivers. But in the next topic I say how horrible and heavy my Milobro enterprise was in comparing to modern rods.

So hopefully I can make a few virtual acquaintances and have some hours of fun chatting to you all and if we don't agree then it proves we have real opinions:thumbs:

daniel121

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome , I think most anglers get nostalgic from time to time. It's called passion.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome. Don't worry about nostalgia. There are loads of us old farts on here. Its quite friendly though for all age groups and locations on here.
Any real obnoxious types get oinked off.
There is something for everyone.

Steve2020

Reaction score
Hello Daniel, Welcome

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Daniel.

I had one of those Milbro Enterprises you mention (a 14.5ft one) and I agree it wasn't light, but it didn't have those heavy metal ferrules that were common in those days either; otherwise it would have been even heavier LOL.

Billy lane used to sponsor that rod.

Mine eventually ended up as a bait thrower and a runner bean pole.

Keith

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome , I think most anglers get nostalgic from time to time. It's called passion.

Welcome Daniel enjoy FM, great lads on here. You will soon get the P taken out of you here, but that is all in good fun.

The first mistake you have made is the rod, I had one of those, yellow in colour if i remember rightly, weighed more than all my gear does now. If i hadn't stopped using it i would have arms like Popeye.

Looking forward to your posts on time gone by.

daniel121

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome truely:)

Seems old Daniel121 has been controversial already, with divide appearing on the good old milbro! I had the 14.5 foot I remember saving up for it out of my apprentice wages. When I brought it was my pride and joy, it was so much better than the built cane rod I had previously. It was longer too and weighed about the same plus I had the same rod fishing greats were using. I was a Star in the making!

I didn't grow runner beans up it or turn it into a throwing stick though lol!! No my brother had his stolen so I gave him mine, I'd of never used it again I had my Shakespeare president by then, with fuji lined eyes, one at the top and one at the bottom - hey.... :D

Ray

I honestly don't mind people taking the wee out of me, in fun (in fact I really enjoy it) I always used to tell my lad not to worry if people were taking the Mick out of him, worry when noone talks to you at all, That's when people don't like you!! This forum does seem to be friendly place.

All ill say opinions are opinions I have mine you have yours if we disagree its nothing personal, nor worth falling out over. I'll always respectfully agree to differ lives too short not too leave it at that.

Believe me we will disagree lol :eek:mg::doh::D

rayner

Reaction score
I still have my Enterprise 13 foot glass metal ferules and all even have the canvas rod bag. I also have an Apollo Taperflash. My tackle room is full of ****.
By the way stotz do slip on light lines .06 and .08.