Where to go

swizzle

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am struggling on deciding where to go tomorrow. I am caught in so many minds that I have got myself in a right old pickle. Do I go to the Royalty to try and beat my blank on the venue? Do I go to Throop where I have better knowledge and am confident of banking a few kippers, or do I go to my local Perch water. Please help. ?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The Avon is really belting through at the moment and one of my favourite Royalty areas in such conditions is currently out of bounds (Green Banks and around The Railway). Although the colour had dropped out, the overnight rain may have added a tinge (good) but the flow will be very pacey and rockin' & rollin' (bad).

Throop is spot on, particularly top end of Beat3 but very similar to the Avon in terms of power of flow. Tough to fish in but the chub are certainly obliging with a bit of effort.

I didn't fish the Frome today, it was up a bit overnight and a little coloured. Might fish it tomorrow but more likely to head up the A350 to the Stour below Blandford. Fishing very well at the moment and spot on - so I'm told. :)

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for that Neil. Although, you haven't helped with my decision. ?. Good luck tomorrow, where ever you decide to go.

terry m

Reaction score
The Avon is pushing through hard at Ibsley. I may be tempted to wander through the Somerley stretch myself tomorrow.