Angling Trust helps save fish condemned to die at St George’s Park Lake in Bristol

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Angling Trust helps save fish condemned to die at St George’s Park Lake in Bristol

files.php

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
"However, anglers and concerned members of the public were outraged to hear that the large population of fish in the lake were to be killed following a decision made by the council and Local Neighbourhood Partnership"

I wonder, then, exactly what the fishes' fate was to be...suffocation on the bed of a drained lake? Firing squad? What did the council and the Neighbourhood Partnership have in mind?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What did the council and the Neighbourhood Partnership have in mind?

From what I understand from fishing friends in the area Cliff these people were totally unconcerned with the death of the fish, (however it would happen) as they saw it as the only way to stop people fishing there.

That being the main argument they made for the cull.

No fish = no anglers.

Keith M

Reaction score
I read on another forum that the proposed killing of fish was purely to discourage angling too; perhaps this might have been a little inaccurate? (I don't know) but I would have thought that wanton killing of fish would have been against the law anyway unless there was absolutely no chance that they could have been moved elsewhere or were deseased; but obviously not.

Good news though.

Keith

Last edited:

russell_bush

Reaction score
Good news indeed. Maybe that red trousered arse called the Mayor of Bristol will get his hands dirty and help out too.

The bad one

Reaction score
Fair play to ATr for stepping in and sorting this out. But it should have never got to this point had the Council Idiots not been so bloody minded. :mad:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
But it should have never got to this point had the Council Idiots not been so bloody minded.

I totally agree Phil.

The problem was that the Council were being egged-on by what appears to have been the wholly anti-angling "Friends of the Park" group.

At least that was what I was told by friends down there who fish the park often.