The Eddie Benham Leader Knot

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Read about the Eddie Benham Leader Knot, tried, tested and approved countless times by its inventor - Eddie Benham!

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/headlines/18227-the-eddie-benham-leader-knot.html

files.php

thecrow

Reaction score
Some very nice fish Eddie, think I will stick to my double grinner if I ever need to use a leader, I know how to tie it but more importantly I know I can trust it not that yours is not to be trusted it obviously is.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Thanks, Eddie, for such a painstakingly produced and very informative article. Keep 'em coming :)

eddiebenham

Reaction score
Some very nice fish Eddie, think I will stick to my double grinner if I ever need to use a leader, I know how to tie it but more importantly I know I can trust it not that yours is not to be trusted it obviously is.

Hi Crow..............There's no doubt that the double grinner is an excellent knot. The difference with my knot is that both tag ends are to the rear of the knot and that the 'cone' passes through the rod rings before the tag ends. As I use Tench rods with smaller rings I think it gives me a smoother cast.

With the double grinner one tag end is facing forward and unless it is trimmed right down it could possibly affect casting, although on carp rods I don't suppose that would be the case.

I can honestly say that my knot has NEVER let me down and I have caught hundreds of big Tench and dozens of double figure Carp and a few Catfish. But I suppose we all have our favourite reliable knot and if it has not let you down and you trust it then fair enough.

I wouldn't want anyone to try out my knot and blame me for the loss of a big fish because the knot failed them, so if you're not sure then stick with what you know you can trust. However, I still think that my knot is an improvement on the others and provides a reliable and safe knot if properly tied.

Eddie

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Nice fish Eddie, must have been great to catch them. I am not big on knots, I think I only know three but they suffice. Its only if I don't make sure they are tied properly they fail. Mind you yet to catch a really big one on them so may regret it one day.; hope not.
Keep it going Eddie, good stuff.

eddiebenham

Reaction score
Try this one Eddie. It's sweeping the saltwater sport fishing scene. I really rate it. How to Quickly Tie the Super Strong FG Knot [VIDEO] - Wide Open Spaces

Hi Martin...............Just logged on since last week and saw your post. I looked at the Video and it certainly looks to be another excellent knot and I will definately be tying it at some time and testing it against my Leader Knot.

It looks like the profile of the F G Knot is slimmer than mine, as with my Knot you have to go back up and over the braid to form the cone shape, and so you end up with one layer of braid on top of the other, which creates a thicker Knot.

At first sight the F G Knot looks a better Knot than my one and had I seen it before I came up with my version then I think I would have settled for it as the best Knot for braid to mono. It beats any of the others I looked at.

Didn't know there was a competition for the strongest Knot, but I think it would have been interesting to test my Knot against the F G Knot and see what the result would have been.

Thanks for posting that Martin, I am sure that like me, many others were (k)not aware of the F G Knot.

Eddie