fishing clothing

daniel121

Reaction score
In this modern fashion conscious world we live in now days, what do you wear for fishing?

I see a lot of anglers in almost a kind of uniform now days. For example, some carp lads looking cannot be spotted on the bank without being all 'camo'd up, with the radio and kettle on!! :D Nice point of that lads? Lol :D Then to keep the balance (I'm an equal opportunities P**s taker ;)) We have some match lads in matching clothes even the colour scheme matches throughout their tackle, like a woman planning a wedding .... "Errm the bait boxes must all be blue to match the writing on my box" Lol :D

Seriously I cast no stones, their is no malaise in this thread at all I'm only taking the Micky, but is there anyone like me left who uses old clothes and get the cheapest second hand waterproofs from army surplus or eBay where some selling their new gortex top because its a bit stained??

To me mucky fishing clothes is a badge of honor! :)

steve2

Reaction score
To me my fishing clothes are made to get dirty, they may get hosed down every year if they are lucky. They must now be at least 10 years old. Did look into getting a new fishing suit but they looked to good to get dirty.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
for me
Fleece jacket green zip pockets a must
hoodie - camo - won from a fishing mag
Trousers -winter cargo trousers with lining - used for shooting as well - summer workwear trouser from Sports Direct - cheap and light

greenie62

Reaction score
.... They must now be at least 10 years old...

Is that all?
I've got a fishing shirt I bought in a sale whilst on holiday 20-odd years ago - it's getting a bit threadbare - cuffs n collars - now but it's still got a year or two left - I like it because it's got button-over pockets and it's comfy - I've not found one to replace it!
I wear 'colour-coordinated' clothes as a sort of 'camo' - guess what colour! - yeah that's right - the avatar is actually a piccy of me! :D:D

daniel121

Reaction score
John

:thumbs::thumbs:

Greenie

That's some serious colour coading you got going on there mate, you get the PI team jealous :D;)

sagalout

Reaction score
Fashion labels only for me. Either George or Primark, depends which is the cheapest on the day. Just refresh my jeans collection from George, 2 pairs for £10, when the knees wear through (happens a lot for me because of a bad back I tend to kneel when I need to get low) cut them of and use them as shorts.

theartist

Reaction score
I got a thirty year old german army surplus coat which gets washed once a season - currently this years colours are a mix of turmeric, slime and mud. The same hues adorn my fishing jacket, and waders. I've needed a new jacket for god knows how long as I keep having to squeeze the zips back on with pliers. My bait apron is so old it's now got it's own eco climate. Topped of with my weathered lucky hat I look a right state.

Does the job though.

steve2

Reaction score
I bought my first Barbour I think it was a Solway Zipper back in the 1960's.
One thing I remember about it was the wax got hard in the cold and the coat become stiff.
One of my son's friends came round the other night wearing a Barbour coat, it appears they are now a fashion item. Never would have believed that back in the 60's my fishing clothes would one day become a fashion item.

Keith M

Reaction score
Nowerdays I use a green waterproof hooded fishing jacket (made by Chub I think).
I also have a very old J.Wilson green padded waistcoat, a green hoody with the 'Association of Barbel Fishers' logo on the front, and an Aldi's green body fleece. Oh and a deep green army type jumper and an olive green t-shirt.
Oh and a wax cotton brimmed hat and a couple of green golf/baseball caps.

Keith

Last edited:

wanderer

Reaction score
Camo from the army surplus, old camo hat, my personal trade mark, never fish without it, or any old tracksuit and tee shirt, scruffy old git, the sheep dont mind and i see very few others, matching colours, big Jessies, whats all that about.

greenie62

Reaction score
Nowerdays I use a green waterproof hooded fishing jacket ... green padded waistcoat, a green hoody...an Aldi's green body fleece.... a deep green army type jumper and an olive green t-shirt... and a couple of green golf/baseball caps.

Sounds good to me Keith :thumbs:

PS: FanClub subs are due next month! :eek::D

B

binka

The only things I avoid are anything brightly coloured, anything with manufacturer logos on and strangely enough I steer clear of anything camo... Probably 'cos I'd never find it whilst out on the bank :)

Des Taylor made me laugh when he went on about this during a guest evening, saying...

"FFSK matchman must be good anglers, they walk around in bright red shell suits with foot high lettering all over them and still catch fish!"

If anyone gets the chance to go and listen to Des I would highly recommend it, a very funny but knowledgable fella.

:D

dann

Reaction score
I don't have a fishing outfit, In winter I just wear the jeans and jacket that I have worn for the 3 or 4 days previous to walk to the dog as they will already be muddy. Summer is shorts and a fleece or t-shirt.

Fish don't seem to mind my lack of style ;-)

Chefster

Reaction score
All my stuff is Royal Blue,in keeping with my miracle baits sponsorship,polo shirts,hoodies,fleeces,and Garbolino bib and brace and waterproofs,a bit tarty i know,but all warm and functional,i also have a Maver bib and brace and jacket and overtrousers,and Daiwa gortex bib and brace and jacket..Gazza:D:D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I don't do Camo everything, I do have a pair of camo trousers (thats it) that are lined and very warm for winter. They don't get seen as i stick a pair of waterproofs over the top. My winter gear gets muddy, thats what its for, so i don't have to wear my Prada shoes on the bank :eek::D.

Camo is the greatest fishing rip off. Who the hell needs camp rods,reels and alarms.

I used to wear an old Leopard skin coat that I had cut the arms off, and used to wear it under an old Parker coat in the winter, when in my teens. It was to bloody warm at times.

Summer will depend on the weather, shorts, t shirt, or jeans and jumper.

robtherake

Reaction score
Me?? I look like Wurzel Gummage. :eek:

So did I, John, till I won a stack of new kit. Now I'm the best-dressed man on the bank.:cool: Shame I can't grow a new set of tresses to go with it: it spoils the effect somewhat, having a podgy, grizzled and thinning old git inside all that fancy clobber. :D

tom_moran

Reaction score
Summer I wear whatever. Winter clothes I wear thermal t shirt, diem hoodie and a good old British army dpm gortex jacket, pair of craghoppers fleece lined trousers too If it's really cold I bust out the wearable duvet that is an old Swedish army coat I've got. If i had more time to fish is go for a set of bib and braces jackety trousered type waterproof things