Mill pond Wentworth in South Yorks

tigernut

Reaction score
After weeks of searching for somewhere to join locally which will give me a chance of a few twenties being banked but at a reasonable price I am contemplating joining Wentworth estate lakes for the Mill pond only, does anyone know what it is like, fish stocks, any problems with it etc.
I have asked around and been told various things good and bad, good things like plenty of fish, well run, no idiots on there etc and then also been told it has fished poorly now for a few years, too many dog walkers all day with dogs running loose every where, fishery manager hasn't a clue, not many fish in lake.
Can anyone give me any advice on this lake please

regards

flightliner

Reaction score
Would like to be of help tigernut, I,m not all that far away but tho checked it out in the past I never fancied it to be honest , pressure being the overiding factor back when.
It may be totally differant now. Have you made enquiries with guys waterside or in any local tackle shops as it could give you the info you're after.

tigernut

Reaction score
Hi Flightliner, I have done much researching over the course of about six weeks when I first considered it as an option, used the internet, tackle shops and also paid a visit to the place for a stroll round it, I obviously realise it is a course/general fishing lake with some decent carp in it (so ime told by some), the pegs are very close for my liking to be fair but it looks a nice lake but I am wise enough to know that doesn't make it a good fishery ! When I visited a short while ago, it was closed to fishing but as it was a walkers route through to the top of the estate there were loads of dog walkers around which I don't mind but if they let them run loose when anglers are on then friction will ensue, this is one thing I had heard about the place from someone, I hope it is more good than bad as it is fairly expensive to say there is no night fishing in the price.
I know that if finances were better I may consider one of the top two lakes which I understand are out and out carp lakes, the money wont stretch to it at this point ! Anyway what are your experiences of carp fishing in the south Yorkshire area Flightliner ?
I would like to know of your thoughts on local venues that you have tested yourself, thanks for your reply pal !

bendsomecane

Reaction score
ravenfield is much better option for you than wentworth. More traditional more secluded and a nicer place