Search for the nation's favourite fish

laguna

Reaction score
The search is on for the nation's favourite fish - have you voted for yours yet? so far it's the roach that is nudging ahead!

There are 40 species to choose from and the first round of voting ends on March 26th. Voting will then begin on the top 10 species with the winner announced in May.

> Vote for your favourite fish UK National Fish Vote

B

binka

I voted roach when the initial thread went up Chris, a hard decision given my love of perch.

It will be interesting to see the final results.

Or did I vote in something else for what was perceived to be most typically representative of the nations species? :confused:

That's done it, i'll have to go back and have a look now... Grrr! :D

sam vimes

Reaction score
They are nowhere near ubiquitous enough, so my vote for grayling was probably pointless. However, that will pale into insignificance compared to vendace. I suspect, like the vast majority of anglers, I know they exist. What I don't know is where they exist. The chances of me ever seeing one are virtually nil. I suspect that putting vendace on the list is utterly pointless.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of fans of roach in the uk, especially in the over 40's age group. If i'm honest I find roach boring and not even that nice to look at, a nice rudd is far nicer looking imo. I've not voted yet but I think it would be between the tench, rudd, grayling or barbel for me.

dann

Reaction score
I voted for perch, love their character, the way they fight and the fact that they will go for bait that seems far too big for them to eat.

Not to mention the fact that they are lovely looking fish.

tikka

Reaction score
Freshwater :- Tench. Sea :- Bass. These are my favourite, but as long as I'm catching any fish, I'm happy.:thumbs:

Keith M

Reaction score
I voted for the Tench which is my favourite species, and large ones are getting scarcer and scarcer to find in my area.

If I could choose my 3 favourite fish it would probably be Tench, Barbel and Rudd.

Keith

Last edited: