New landing net head

seth49

Reaction score
Well I got fed up of my other nets stinking the car out. And then I'd get ear ache of the missus.
So I bought one of the korum latex spoons the 26 inch one, it folds to a curve and has its own narrow stink bag.

I always fasten the net to the handle with one of those quick release gadgets.
There very handy, and if I get anything I'd like to weigh.
I just detach the net and weigh it in the net.

Any way while I was in the shed I thought I will weigh the net and see what it weighs, it was exactly 14 ozs.
So I had an idea and I cable tied a two oz weight to it.

Worked perfectly now all I need to do is subtract one pound of the total to get the correct weight without having to do any mental arithmetic.

sagalout

Reaction score
subtract one pound of the total to get the correct weight without having to do any mental arithmetic
You could have not put the 2oz on and just subtracted a lb and thought that's as close as **** is to swearing, as my old granny used to say.

naxian62

Reaction score
For future reference. From where to where do the spoon nets measure said measurement?
Cheers

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weigh it wet for greater accuracy.

sagalout

Reaction score
Weigh it wet for greater accuracy.
If you really want to be accurate you can save the cost of the scales and pay a small countrys GDP to Spiders and he will weigh them for you.

seth49

Reaction score
For future reference. From where to where do the spoon nets measure said measurement?
Cheers

I've just measured the net, it's 26 in long from front to back, it's 22 in wide, And the net is about 22 in deep.
Certainly get a twenty pound plus carp in it.
It also folds in half length ways.

Ive weighed the net wet and dry, Not enough difference to bother about. For day to day use.

Big fan of korum gear. Got lots of it.

B

binka

I really like the idea of the quick release gizmo for weighing fish in the net, I wasn't aware of such a beast.

Thanks Seth :thumbs: